Charity Collaboration

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
Dear Doggers,
As this site grows, so does our ability to inform and help others. How about a knife collaboration from some members and then raffle the finished product off on this site for charity. We pick 5 or 10 charities and let the raffle winner choose one, or we pick one before people commit to buying a ticket. I say $5.00 a ticket times 100 tix.

I will start by donating something exotic for the scales and some "mosaic handle bolts"

We will need:
a blade blank
someone to grind it
heat treating
"KnifeDog" logo on the blade
a custom sheath
lanyard and "Dog Tags"
assembly and finishing
and packing and shipping

We have a sheath!!

Just got a message from Robert Jones of Hand Sewn Leather and he will do a custom sheath for this knife when were ready. We still need a grind and heat treatment.

The chain of events is coming together nicely and we are working on the last few details. I will post a list of all contributors shortly. We will the keep everyone up to date with pics on this site.

thanks for all your help,
Steve

Collaboration progress

Here is where we stand on the charity collaboration knife project.

1. David from Great Lakes Water Jet is cutting and supplying the blade.
2. Eddie from Shadow Knives will do the grind.
3. Matt Bailey will heat treat with hamon.
4. Steve janik will supply scales, threaded mosaic bolts and misc supplies.
5. Jeff Pearce is doing the lanyard.
6. Final assembly is yet undetermined.
8. Robt Jones of Hand Sewn Leather will do the sheath.
9. Final overnight shipping to winner by Romar Cabinet.
10. Eric Draven will add custom dog tags.
As of Tuesday, Dave was going to talk to a few builders for the final assembly and finishing.

Thanks to all,
Steve

Last edited:
After some discussion, it has been determined that the knife will be a Loveless style Subhilt Fighter. I will be cutting the blade and the guards. The blade will be .25" 1095 which will give Matt Bailey a great platform to apply a hamon. The guards will be stainless. The stainless parts will have a satin finish including the mosaic pins. The scales will be a black material, probably canvas micarta. The sheath and lanyard will be black also. This is gonna be a very cool knife package. I will post progress pics on my end.

We still need someone for the assembly and finishing. David from GLWJ has also put the word out, let me or David know if you are interested. There will also be a full color Certificate of Authenticity with this knife and I'm gonna try to get everyone to sign it. I'll probably send the cert around with the project and add the pic after it's done. OR, everyone can come to my house (after deer season) and we will all sign it and maybe split one beer. Remind me to tell my wife before you all get there.
Thanks again,
Steve Janik

I can do some custom Dog Tags if you need them. All I need is an etch with whatever you want on it. I have the tags, 2 different sizes.

Back