SO What did you get for Christmas

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
I got a Remington model 600 in 308 cal. from my moms boyfriend,Looks brand new for old bolt action . no knife stuff a few books ,all in all good xmas . o ya a big bag of coal 50lbs. and i dont have a coal forge LOL LOL what did you get

Last edited:
I got a really nice damascus billet from Santa Clint.:biggrin:
The real prize was having the family in it's entirety in my house . That's 3 daughters, 3 son in laws (one just got home from Afghanistan) and 8 grand kids. Sadly, no knifemaking stuff either....you'd think my own kids would think of getting me a few hundred pounds of steel or handle material, buuuut nooooo, never what I want ! (only kidding)

I'm happy with what I have.

Rudy

I must have been good this year. Santa (Nadine) brought me three pairs of tongs, a leather apron, and a pair of work boots for wearing in the shop. Nadine gave me something I have always wanted, a silver and copper mokume wedding ring. It's a super cool star pattern that is just awesome. When I pulled the little box out of the gift bag, I hoped and I hoped and I hoped it would be a mokume ring, and it was!

Both of the Nicholson patternmaker's rasps in a combo from my wife and brother. They both wrapped them so they looked and felt like shirts too.

Which knife is it?
I got a new laptop,cannon camera, Boots and a Bruce Bump Knife...It was a good Christmas.

Socks and underwear :2:
I did get an electrical pigtail with a remote control on/off so I can turn on the vacuum from the grinder side of the shop :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Santa was really nice this year.

I got a grinder from Wayne Coe.
"The Beast" from Randy Haas.
and a small P'kal from John Barker.

Now I've gotta get to learnin'.

Which knife is it?

Socks and underwear :2:
I did get an electrical pigtail with a remote control on/off so I can turn on the vacuum from the grinder side of the shop :thumbup1:

bruce_002_900_x_675.jpg

I must have been good this year. Santa (Nadine) brought me three pairs of tongs, a leather apron, and a pair of work boots for wearing in the shop. Nadine gave me something I have always wanted, a silver and copper mokume wedding ring. It's a super cool star pattern that is just awesome. When I pulled the little box out of the gift bag, I hoped and I hoped and I hoped it would be a mokume ring, and it was!

I want to see the mokume ring. I just got a new George Sawyer Mokume ring for my 25th anniversary

Nice knife! Well done Bruce...

I got $100 Lowe's Card, a Lansky universal kit, a new NorthFace jacket and some tennis shoes... plus I got the pleasure of giving away my first 3 "real" knives... :)

I got to put a lot of files on the shelf, Santa got me a Grizzly grinder. It's not the best I know but it beats the hell out of the alternative. :)

Ya know, the Grizzly may not be top of the line when it comes to grinders, but I've seen alot of really awesome knives made by guys using them.

the Grizzly is a lot better than what i started with ,for sure it's better than a jab in the eye with a sharp stick, as my old man used to say LOL

I, too, got a Wayne Coe belt grinder, a .50 cal. muzzleloader with all the trappings, some beautiful Afzelia Burl and Ceylon Ebony, a bar of damascus and bedroom slippers. I was really blessed this Christmas with gifts from family and friends. My wife, Brenda, got, among other things, a beautiful pair of Steve Janik's own mammoth ivory fish hooks. Her maiden name was Fisher and her nickname in high school was "Fish Hook" so they were very appropriate. I thank God for another Christmas and for the good friends that have made it so special.

Jeff, here's a couple of pics of the mokume ring I was telling you guys about.

ring2.jpg

ring1.jpg

Back