Big Boy reloaded Xmas folder

smastino

Hi friends,
today I got the story and some pictures of the “Christmas folder” Big – Boy reloaded for you.

Some weeks ago, a knife collector called and wanted to bay - one of my folders - the “Big - Boy folder integral with desert ironwood.

After I said "sorry, that´s sold already" He asked me: “is it possible to build a second one, but it has to be a clone of the folder shown on page 62 in the German knife magazine.5/10”.

Sure was my answer, fortunately I got one piece left of the self-forged Damascus steel I used for the knife he was interested in.

reload_1.jpg

Titan I got too. . . and here we go

reload_2.jpg

Liners and blade ever cut, roughly into shape, the little Raptor on the right serves as a size comparison.

reload_3.jpg

on the workshop photo - mobile phone - the boards are basically done. Desert ironwood is already selected from my stock

reload_5.jpg

After some file work on the handles it looks quite good.
Ok, the blade finish is still to dark, compared to the original "on side of 62 " witch is the target. Remains to be noted, all part like axis with the axis tool and the bronze washers are custom made

And that is how it has to look like and the end

integral_10.jpg

Big Boy integral folder

reload_4.jpg

state of things. . . two more days until Christmas.

reload_6.jpg

yesterday 4pm, it is "closed" to be accomplished, I am happy with the blade finish . The liners will get a sunburst finish hope the spelling is correct.

To be continued

Back