Boker upgraded to Automatic

cwilliams

Went recently to my local gunshop and saw a slick looking Boker. It was a Magnum line (CHinese made) and had the button lock as you would see for an automatic. It was not an automatic, you hit the button then grab the blade and lever it out and it locks up when fully extended. I purchased said knife saying to myself I will drill/mill the scale for a coil spring and this should be a easy conversion to automatic. Might be a fun project. Well wouldnt you know I took it apart and it already had the pocket for a spring, I ordered a spring from knifekits.com and it just dropped right in.
So if you guys are looking a cheap automatic, this might fit the bill.
Chris
PS its still a Chinese made POS but at least its now an automatic POS.

there are serveral companeys that sale the stuff that you need. knife kits and hawkens are a couple. those magnum pos's aren't half bad knives.

Is it usual for a folder to have the milling already done to make it auto?

Boker made their button locks to be converted. In particular the Kalashnikov Automat 74s. They are great edc knives too.

Thanks, for that video i tried making boker magnum into a automatic.it was a complet fail the spring i use didn't have enough tension to open all way. Im ordering my spring today. Thanks again

Boker made their button locks to be converted. In particular the Kalashnikov Automat 74s. They are great edc knives too.

This one's been my edc for over a year now, I really like it. I converted it to auto, with a kit from some website, don't recall which one right now, but it was easy. The knife was already made for it inside.
photo.jpg

Right now I'm working on a DDR3 Button Lock from Knifekits.com. It is pre machined for the spring but you have to drill the keeper hole in the blade. The spring and the drill bit are an option for this knife kit. The fit and finish on this Chinese product are very good. It comes without scales so you have to add your own. Easy way to get a customized automatic EDC.

Wallace

Last edited:
yea just about all of the internatl brands with a button lock are already milled so that they can be converted.

Back