KnifeDogs Donations made

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
I'm posting this not for self promotion of KnifeDogs but to acknowledge and appreciate the efforts of others that go toward our charitable donations fund. If someone needs more transparency and wants to verify these donations, you can contact me and I'll give you the contact information -- but then I'll ask you to post that verification so the donation receivers don't covered up with verification PM's.

I'm going to keep this generic..

We have given out a couple donations in the last few weeks. One donation for $150 was to help make someones Christmas better.

The other donation of $200 was to replace knife making materials lost in a shop fire....

Thanks to all of you that help raise funds or donate here on KnifeDogs to make this a better community.

Merry Christmas..

The best dang "community" on the net. If I said it once, I've said it a thousand times (and that was just the weekend of BLADE), "KD is the much more than a knife forum". It is a community of kindred minds. May God bless you all with a very Merry and Joyous Christmas and the Very Happiest and Prosperous of New Year.

A few years ago,(before I ever touched a computer),when I heard everyone talking about the "Internet" and how it was going to create a "global village",
I thought to my self "Self,what a heaping cart of road-apples". Computers are just cold,impersonal,confounded,and vastly over-priced gadgets that only pencil-necks teckno-geeks in a vast underground mainframe bunkers will use to consort with others of their kind talking teckno-babble...

...fast forward to today and here I am eating a big ol' heaping plate of crow.
I went online for the first time about 5-6 years ago looking for a Swamp Rat Knives HRLM,and discovered the Swamp Rat Chat forum,which is a great Community,
and it's my first forum Home.
That's where I first became aware of this "global village" I'd been hearing of,and,discovered the Knife Community.
I knew of the Knife Community through reading Blade magazine and other knife publications,but until I stumbled into the Swamp,hadn't experienced it for myself.
And I found a few other knife forums,which were interesting enough,but just didn't ring a bell for me...
until I found KnifeDogs.
For me,this is the most incredible place...the people here,the camaraderie,the kinship I feel,and the Makers of such incredible edged artistry and function...
and the wealth of information!!!
Best of all,there's no feeling of there being any 'cliques',no faint stench of elitism that I've found on a couple other forums.
And no over-fed Egos!!!!
(it's true: I keep mine on a strict rice diet and keep it locked in the cellar! :3: )

Of all the forums I've visited,there are only two that are near and dear to my heart,
and I am thankful,and proud to be counted as one of the Dogs.
(even if I am,well,you know, a Wolf :biggrin: )
God Bless the Pound and all who dwell here.
Merry Christmas,and may Peace be on you and your House.

I have been on only a few other forums,and has already been said,
this is the best place.KnifeDogs is the only place I spend any time.
Thanks to everyone here,for making this place what it is.

God bless,Keith

My wife has been on different forums for a couple of years now.
I never understood how she could spend so much time looking at her computer,
Until Now
Now, it's like a soap opera, I have to tune in to see what's new.
If not for the quality of people here I would have never stayed long
enough to get hooked.

Hope Everyone has a Merry Christmas & Happy, Happy New Year.

Now, I'm gonna go figure out how to set up my grinder Wayne sent me.

Someone pass the tissues please :)

I'm proud to be a small part of this community. Thanks for all you do, gentlemen. :thumbup:

Darci and I know first hand how the people on this site are ,when i was out of work for 8 months my 13 year old knife maker(darci) wanted to go to wash. DC with her class mates and it was killing me because "well no money, sorry" .i was just "crying in my beer" about how i felt like s--- and could not send her . a group of the most unselfish dogs started barking and barking they made knives,and raffled them off spent a lot of time for a little girl they never met .and these dogs sent her on a trip she stills talks about ,she still wears her dog tags and i her her friends ask her why she wears them she says these are my uncles dog tags they take care of there own and i love them and they go everywhere with me. so i want to say to all of you backyard dogs Thank You, Hope Everyone has a Merry Christmas & Happy, Happy New Year, your all in our hearts

I have never felt so much pride to be part of something...
every time I hear someone ragging about knives because of negative media attention,
I'm on 'em like a zealous preacher,telling 'em that what has been done with a knife isn't
indicative of the folks who make and carry 'em with Honor and Respect,and tell them about KnifeDogs ...
I can't wait to get back to work so I can get all the KnifeDog swag and fly it high and proud.
God Bless all the Dogs,and Merry Christmas!

...every time I hear someone ragging about knives because of negative media attention,
I'm on 'em like a zealous preacher,telling 'em that what has been done with a knife isn't
indicative of the folks who make and carry 'em with Honor and Respect,and tell them about KnifeDogs ...

Right on brother! I say, show me one time where a handmade custom knife has been used in a crime, I'll buy you dinner. On the other hand, I can show dozens of times where makers, users and collectors have come together to help people in need. Not to mention how our work makes folks' lives and tasks easier and sometimes even saves people from disaster.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm proud and grateful to be a small part of this community. I can never truly repay all I've gotten from it, but I'll keep trying :)

Last edited:
Back