New Slippie to my collection

STR

I snagged this one the other day and when it arrived I nearly choked on my cookie as I was opening it because the thing just floored me at how completely flawless it is. Its so incredible I can't tell you and of course the pictures, especially with my camera do not begin to do it justice. I want to carry it but so far I have not been able to and this coming from a guy thats lived by the philosophy that knives are meant to be used!

Anyway, this is a Ken Coats slip joint. My third from Ken. I requested he bring the kick (choil) out a bit more on this one compared to my last one which I had special made for me and obviously do carry. Dirk Potgieter made the acorn shield used in that one and did so years ago for me. I stuck it away somwheres safe and of course then forgot where. It turned up ironically just before Ken got to needing to do that part, at which time I asked him about just using that one. Its rather special to me and I really do love that folder too.

I realize the choil is not really what that is but I often times cheat to choke up on the handle for some jobs, particularly when I'm whittling or wood carving out on the deck in back which I do often. I have always felt it gave me just a bit more control over the point and thought the extra would be enough to give my index just a bump more cheatin' space to choke up on. It does. Problem is I can't bring myself to use the dang thing. Its just too pretty right now. I keep pullin' it out thinkin' I'll do it but everytime it goes back in the nice little pouch my wife made up for it. It is the nicest custom folder I've ever bought and I have been an avid supporter of my fellow makers let me tell you. I have more customs than even I remembered when I pulled em out the other day.

Well thanks for lookin'

STR

Attachments

• DSCF0001.jpg
    DSCF0001.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF0005.jpg
    DSCF0005.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Ken Coats EO Bomb Shield Shadow.jpg
    Ken Coats EO Bomb Shield Shadow.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Congrats on a fine knife there Steve, Ken does make some very nice slip joints. - 2thumbs

Have a great day.

Todd

Back