Official Shop Tunes Thread

Lovin your pics James !

I gotta admit though... The local Country music station does it for me in the shop.

I love me some OLD country though ! Basically anything Pre- 95 is good with various but select newer stuff OK to.

-Josh Cool idea for a thread :)

Any of the old Marty Robbins cowboy songs, especially when I'm building a gun rig:)

Also Chris Ledoux and Royal Wade Kimes for some good cowboy stuff.

Hank Jr's old stuff is often playing.

This will probably freak the country music boys but.....
Frank Zappas' 200 Motels and anything else he did (rip). Captain Beefheart and the magic band for the last 42 years, the Captn took a while to grow on me. I don't own any other music.

I don't know why but old George Jones and Patsy Cline tunes sound good once in a while too.

Rudy

Last edited:
Captain Beefheart died yesterday at age 69, may he rest in peace.

I like "deep tracks" on the sirius radio, blues, jazz,folk, rock, mostly '50s, thru '80's old vinyl from my youth'60s '70's.

Last edited:
Cliff,

It doesn't really surprise me that we've got some of the same taste in music, LOL

Chris Ledoux put on one hell of a show ! Used to go see him if he was in a three state or so area from NE Ohio.

Probably saw him play live around 20 times or so but real glad I made the trip back up north to see him the last time before cancer got the best of him. As Garth would say, God bless Chris Ledoux !

James- I'm a big fan of the Outlaws ! One of my Favs is D.A.C !

-Josh

Jerry Jeff Walker
Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen
David Allen Coe
Willie Nelson and Ray Price
Asleep At The Wheel
J. J. Cale
Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
Eagles
Marshall Tucker Band
Real Rock and Roll
Grateful Dead

Last edited:
I listen to a ton of audiobooks on an ipod (I get them from the library). Usually listen to a lot of "Clutch" when listening to music. Also some Delta blues, old metal, old rock, pretty much anything but country (except a bit of Charlie Daniels and Hank William Jr.)

I grew up very very country music oriented, I have just gotten over most of it... I just got in from the shop today and had my Foo Fighters and Breaking Benjamin albums on shuffle together... :)

James you know the rules....no pics, no video, it didnt happen. In other words...........wheres the video of this alleged "karoake?" You Tube? Larry

Back