Win this knife

Les Voorhies

Badge Boss Admin Dog Catcher
I hope this is ok, I was afraid it wouldn't get much notice down in my forum so I just wanted to post this up here a little higher where it might be seen. If you have to move it I understand :)

My wife is going on a mission trip to Haiti in April 2011, I have set up a temporary page and forum to help raise money for the trip. I'll be putting some knives and maybe some other stuff up on the temporary forum for raffle so please go check it out and see if there is any way you can help. You do have to register to post but it only takes a minute and please make sure you read all the rules about the raffles. The info about the trip is HERE and the first raffle is HERE

UPDATE 2/5/11I'm adding a second place item in the raffle, it's the model 9 that I've been carrying since spring 2010. I made this knife from parts that I had cut out and were not quite working properly for one reason or another, the knife functions perfectly but cosmetically it was never right, now it has fine scratches on the blade from being carried and used, it has been resharpened and I cleaned out most of the pocket lint. The second place prize will only be drawn if all the slots are filled when we decide it's time to draw, if all the slots are not filled we will still do the drawing for the engraved friction folder. Photos are posted below the friction folder photos.

Here is the first knife, it was engraved by Ken Hurst:

engraved01.jpg

engraved02.jpg

haitim9-1.jpg

haitim9-2.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't log in over there but I did send you PP for 3 shots Les. Good luck.

Les, that is a beauty and a good cause just sent paypal for a spot. Pick me a good random spot.
Chris Roberts

Here's what the list looks like:

00. BossDogg - PD
01. BossDogg - PD
02. BossDogg - PD
03. K.V. - PD
04. WA Martin - PD
05. WA Martin - PD
06. WA Martin - PD
07. Rudy J - PD
08. mcsrno - PD
09. tom - USN -PD
10. hawaiianbob - PD
11. Tom - USN -PD
12. PatCarver-PD
13. Teresa - PD
14. silvioamico- PD
15. slw-PD
16. silvioamico-PD
17. Kelly P- PD
18. Desmodronic - USN -PD
19. hawaiianbob - PD
20. Desmodronic - USN -PD
21. mcsrno-PD
22. Pat F- PD
23. mother theresa- PD
24. slw-PD
25. Teresa - USN
26. mcsrno-PD
27. Pat F- PD
28. Gary P.
29. silvioamico-PD
30. karlthev - USN - PD
31. karlthev - USN - PD
32. karlthev - USN - PD
33. karlthev - USN - PD
34. karlthev - USN - PD
35. Jake
36. mother theresa- PD
37. Winterbear - KD - PD
38. Tom - USN -PD
39. 2many - PD
40. avsjpfreek - USN - PD
41. Anthony Stovall - KD - PD
42. XRAIDED - USN - PD
43. livingmochila - USN - PD
44. Tom - USN -PD
45. Kelly P - PD
46. Jake
47. Teresa - USN
48. Desmodronic - USN -PD
49. 2many - PD
50. Pat F - PD
51. fuzzyedge - PD
52. grandma k-PD
53. grandma k-PD
54. grandma k-PD
55. mcsrno-PD
56. Teresa - USN - PD
57. mcsrno-PD
58. PatCarver- PD
59. 2many - PD
60. mother theresa - PD
61. Teresa - USN
62. Jim Poling - PD
63. Ironwolf - KD - PD
64. Ironwolf - KD - PD
65. Ironwolf - KD - PD
66. Desmodronic - USN -PD
67. Desmodronic - USN -PD
68. XRAIDED - USN - PD
69. slw-PD
70. Gary P.
71. Jim Poling - PD
72. Jake
73. silvioamico- PD
74. Gary P.
75. avsjpfreek - USN - PD
76. hawaiianbob - PD
77. hawaiianbob - PD
78. PatCarver- PD
79. Gary P.
80. XRAIDED - USN - PD
81. grandma k-PD
82. hawaiianbob - PD
83. Gary P.
84. Tom - USN -PD
85. hawaiianbob - PD
86. Desmodronic - USN -PD
87. Gary P.
88. mcsrno - PD
89. Teresa - USN
90. hawaiianbob - PD
91. Gary P.
92. silvioamico-PD
93. Gary P.
94. XRAIDED - USN - PD
95. grandma k-PD
96. mother theresa- PD
97. Anthony Stovall - KD - PD
98. Pat F-PD
99. Teresa - USN - PD

Last edited:
UPDATE 2/5/11I'm adding a second place item in the raffle, it's the model 9 that I've been carrying since spring 2010. I made this knife from parts that I had cut out and were not quite working properly for one reason or another, the knife functions perfectly but cosmetically it was never right, now it has fine scratches on the blade from being carried and used, it has been resharpened and I cleaned out most of the pocket lint. The second place prize will only be drawn if all the slots are filled when we decide it's time to draw, if all the slots are not filled we will still do the drawing for the engraved friction folder.

haitim9-1.jpg

haitim9-2.jpg

wow Les I like the second place just about as much as the first place. I would be very happy with either.

Chris

OK this is filled, we are going to wait until all slots are filled, there is one person who is out of town that we know personally so we wont hold it up for him and one other person locally that I will contact tonight, we might be able to call it with tomorrows lottery but I will let you know here and on the Haiti forum when it will be called.

I can't remember if I posted it or not but I had a couple inquiries about the the 2nd place prize... the 1st place winner will be allowed to choose between the the 2 knives, so if the winner chooses the model 9 then the second place winner will get the engraved friction folder.

Thanks everyone and good luck.

OK this is a go for tonight.

I will use the last 2 numbers of the Minnesota Daily 3 lottery (http://www.mnlottery.com/) to determine the winner the day AFTER all slots are filled and paid for. Example: The MN daily 3 number drawn are 476, the person who has slot 76 is the winner.

Second place: second place will be determined by the last 2 numbers of the Indiana daily 3 (evening)(http://www.hoosierlottery.com/games/daily-3.aspx?WT.cg_n=Widget_HomePage_GamesColumn&WT.cg_s=Daily3_LOGO)

Good luck and thank you for your donations.

BTW, if anyone sees any problems with the way I'm doing this please let me know ASAP, I don't want the numbers to come out and then discover that I've screwed up somehow.

Last edited:
Back