Damascus Hunter's X 2

Dwane Oliver

Here is a pair for a couple of brothers. I tried to talk him into some sort of bolsters , but he wasn't having it. Plain old handles and polished damascus blades.
The customer is ALWAYS right , right? I think I had more time in the sheaths than the knives.
Brad's Damascus , deep etched and polished.
Maple Burl handles
Brass and a mosaic pin
Leather sheaths with that worn look.

RobertGriffee.jpg

RobertGriffee5.jpg

RobertGriffee1.jpg

RobertGriffee3.jpg

RobertGriffee2.jpg

RobertGriffee4.jpg

I gotta agree with the customer,
they look mighty fine just like they are. I'd like to hold one too, looks like they would just drop in the ole paw.
File work in mighty nice too, simple and clean.
Well Done, Dozier

Super nice, Im with Dozier.. They look perfect with a full wood handle. The sheaths look really cool. Brads Damascus looks good as usual. Your doing good things my friend!!

Both of those look great! And I have to jump on the no-bolster-bandwagon... I am generally not a bolster-fan anyway.

Plus those sheaths are amazing! Can I ask if the wrapped cuffs are one piece with the belt loop? Or are they separate sections?

I usually do them with one piece , well its two pieces , sewed back to back to make the loop/wrap. That way there is no hide showing.It takes a large piece of leather to do them that way , probably 14 or so in X 6 in.
BUT
I had to do two sheaths and didn't realize I was running short on leather , SO these ones are two pieces.The loop and back of the sheath are one/two pieces and the wrap is one piece , sewed to the loop. The sheaths are actually 5 layers thick in the edge. The front and back are double and then the welt , no hide showing inside.

Thanks for the comment

Back