we are hunkered down herre - ice yesterday, blizzard today...

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
We had a nice freezing rain yesterday evening and now a nice little blizzard on top of that today..

I just got back in from blading the driveway clean for the first time right in the middle of it. There is glare ice under the snow and I was worried I would just get stuck if I didn't move some of the snow now...

Hopefully the power won't go out. It's been flickering all day.

Yep, and it is heading this way! 4-6". Tonight and tomorrow here in the north metro Detroit area. Not as bad as you, but should be the first good snow not this year. Stay warm and I hope the power stays on.

Yep, Wayne, we're getting the rain right now. Supposed to turn to freezing rain/sleet tonight then a temperature drop with snow coming on top of it.

Their calling for up to 8 inches of snow in my area as well this weekend and into Monday. Seems every time they say that we dont get near as much as they say..

Its about time we got a good snowfall im Michigan.. I just love the stuff.. :)

We had a nice freezing rain yesterday evening and now a nice little blizzard on top of that today..

I just got back in from blading the driveway clean for the first time right in the middle of it. There is glare ice under the snow and I was worried I would just get stuck if I didn't move some of the snow now...

Hopefully the power won't go out. It's been flickering all day.

T I don't know if you heard but the metrodome collapsed under the weight of the snow. I guess 3 panels failed and the snow came pouring in. Heres the vid showing it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuxNLf87_Y

40 degrees and raining here in the formerly frozen north. Where is winter?

I have a tractor and snowthrower ready and waiting and I bought new snowtires that ought to be enough to suppress the snow for another year.

ernie

Supposed to be 71 here tomorrow. I might have to wear a hoodie.

Ok Frstr8, your not even funny. :biggrin: Poured rain here Saturday night and started snowing this afternoon, there's about 3" on my front porch now. YUCK!

I'm thinking warm and dry thoughts for you folks down there.
It's "winter" here in Canada (mostly rain on the Island lately),but I've been wearing a long-sleeved shirt all day...
(mind you,everyone else was wearing winter jackets).

We got beautiful weather here on saturday.......................blizzard dumped about 11 inches on us, now its a nice warm -11

Winter has hit us about a month early it seems. We'll get cold snaps but usually don't get the long spells where it stays below freezing until after the first of the year. Two weeks ago it was in the 60's and the next day turned off cold and snowing and stayed that way all last week. Got above freezing for about three days and now back down and snow covered. At least it's not as cold as they said it would get. It's 12 here now which isn't bad but it usually gets above freezing during the day this time of year to melt things off.

I expected this winter though, we had a much hotter and drier than normal summer and my grandpa always said one extreme usually follows the next.

My grandparents used to say they got a lot of snow and cold in December when they were kids so maybe the cycle is changing back. So much for global warming.

Yeah, the kids got a snow day today! And so did I. The stormed knocked out the power at work, so i got to stay home and finish knives for my dad and father inlaw for Christmas. What a nice day!

Back