4" Skinning knife w/quench line, 5160, jade ghost G10.

Salem Straub

4" Skinning knife w/quench line, 5160, jade ghost G10. Sold Pending Funds.

G2G “Julep” Skinner:

Clay-quenched forged 5160 blade with quench line, clip point, “Jade Ghost“ G10, full flat grind with distal taper and fully tapered tang. SS tube rivets, a mosaic pin, green fiber liners. Light and fast in the hand, with a fairly thin slicing edge. Two temper cycles at two hours apiece.

Overall length is 8-5/16”, blade length is 4”, and maximum blade width is 1-¼”.

I designed this model with ergonomics, utility, and economy in mind- meaning that this great little hunter/skinner would not take me very long to make. I know that things are tough all over, money is sure tight around here. With the holiday season coming up, an average guy should be able to afford a good little belt knife with some style and performance at a reasonable price. Well, I got a little carried away and clay quenched them, (three more of these came off the bench over the last month) added a mosaic pin, and fully tapered the tangs. I can barely bring myself to make a knife without these features these days, so I went ahead with it but still managed to keep the price right where I wanted it. The grip has a pronounced “palm swell” that fits the hand nicely, and while lacking a guard, the finger notch prevents the hand from slipping forward in use. The balance is right on the first finger. This blade fits a medium to small hand naturally, since the overall design is compact but would not be awkward for a guy with big mitts either.

Asking price is $220. Sold Pending Funds. For knife without sheath subtract $20 from total.

Price includes shipping to 50 states. I will ship around the world; I just ask that in this case the buyer pay the added shipping costs. Included in price as well is a molded pouch type sheath made of premium veg-tanned 7-8 oz. horse leather. Specify RH or LH sheath, natural, classic brown, or black finish.

IMG_5583-1.jpg

IMG_5592-1.jpg

IMG_5585-1.jpg

IMG_5587-1.jpg

IMG_5588.jpg

IMG_5586.jpg

IMG_5590.jpg

IMG_5584.jpg

IMG_5589.jpg

This picture is to illustrate the sheaths for these knives. The sheath pictured is natural finish. The knife is the same model in green canvas micarta - knife pictured not available.
IMG_5441.jpg

I make knives to the best of my ability and knowledge. I research to find the best materials and methods to use, in order to provide the very best product, in terms of value, durability, performance, and aesthetics. Should you find a knife you have bought from me to be lacking in any of these respects, you may ship it back to me at my expense for a full money-back return.

Should a knife purchased from me fail in materials or workmanship, please ship it back to me at my own expense for your money back in full, or repairs at no cost. It’s your choice.
I will sharpen any of my knives at no cost; however I do ask that you pay for shipping costs for this service.

I am always pleased to hear from any of my customers, past, repeat, potential, or otherwise. Please go to my web site, see "Contact Me" and give me a call. If you have any questions regarding these policies, I'd like to hear them.

Also, if this knife or any other I have made that you have seen looks close to something you would like, or if you would like to talk about an entirely different knife design altogether, please contact me, I do custom orders as well and always enjoy talking about knife designs, whether or not we actually end up doing business.

Salem Straub

Last edited:
Nice design, Salem, with a great finish to it. Looks like it would be a good skinner as well as an all-around EDC.

Back