Curtiss/Kowulz Urban Fury II collaboration build

Curtiss Knives

KD Founding Member #1, Knifemaker
Here I will be posting the build of the new Curtiss/Kowulz Urban Fury II flipper. Rock Kowulz did the complete design of this knife and these are his. I just get to make it for him. The knife will have 1/8" thick titanium frames and a 3/16" CPM-154 blade riding on IKBS. This is a larger knife with an OAL of 9.75". The closed length is nearly 6" with a cutting edge of 4.25". Despite being so big, it will be relatively light weight. Other fun facts are the knife will have a custom lowrider pocket clip and a 2-tone blade finish. Here are the first pics. The shots of the frames are right after I machined the texture pattern into them. Still have to radius the edges and many other steps. Blades are in the oven right now. More to come soon. Thanks.
Kowulz Urban Fury II-3 (Large).jpgKowulz Urban Fury II outline-1 (Large).jpgParts 001.jpgParts 003.jpgParts 002.jpgParts 007.jpgParts 008.jpg

Thanks, Murph. Glad to see us making progress on these, Dave. Its looking great!

I wanted to combine what I felt were the greatest strengths of a Wharncliffe, Sheepsfoot, and Tanto blade into one EDC utility/fighter. I think this design exceeds my expectations. I'm very happy to have Curtiss Knives and GLWJ producing these prototypes for me. Besides giving Dave fits, I think the pattern I designed for the handle will give it a very unique look as well as providing a very grippy texture that isn't abrasive.

Last edited:
Heres some nearly finished pics of 1 of the 2 knives. This sucker is razor sharp and laser quick. Still have to finish the lowrider pocket clips. I'm kinda liking this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=dn9uUWeM3rA

Urban Fury II 004.jpgUrban Fury II 003.jpgUrban Fury II 005.jpgUrban Fury II 001.jpgUrban Fury II 002.jpg

pencil.png

Both prototypes for my Urban Fury II arrived today. I am very pleased and recommend the good Mr. Curtiss without hesitation. Excellent work!

f096b4d4.jpg

Presented by my lovely 14 year old daughter, Raeann.

This is a larger knife with an OAL of 9.75". The closed length is nearly 6" with a cutting edge of 4.25". Despite being so big, it will be relatively light weight.

Mr, Curtiss did an awesome job on both of these. Right now my car car needs a new fuel pump more than I need two prototypes, so... up for sale one Kowulz Urban Fury II flipper prototype. 1/8" thick titanium frames and a 3/16" CPM-154 blade riding on IKBS. This is a larger knife with an OAL of 9.75". The closed length is nearly 6" with a cutting edge of 4.25". Despite being so big, it will be relatively light weight. Custom lowrider pocket clip and a 2-tone blade finish. One of two made by Curtiss Knives based on Rock Cowles design. No makers mark. $600.00 = $10.00 S & H, PayPal +3%. First "I'll take it". E-mail me. Kowulz[@]gmail.com Thanks.

61989159.jpg

I'm still needing a fuel pump. I will offer this through Friday for $550 USD, shipped CONUS. If it is still here after Friday, I will post it on three other knife forums.
Thanks for looking!

6cbe466d.jpg

2a828df8.jpg

0817f830.jpg

Back