Gib Guignard - In memoriam

ChuckBurrows

Rich Slaughter started a thread in remembrance of Gib elsewhere and he's been on my mind all week since it's his birthday this week and I was working on a piece using one of his blades.
Here's a few CactusRose (the name for our collaborations) pieces with blades by Mr. Gib - who is sorely missed for his friendship as well as his talents.. one of these days I'll get them all posted on my site - so far there are 39 CactusRose pieces........
cactusrose-37-1.jpg

cactusrose-26-1.jpg

cactusrose-34-1.jpg

cr-31-1.jpg

cr-32-1.jpg

cr-33-pipehawk-1.jpg

cr-35-4.jpg

cr-36-1.jpg

I have just a few more blades left (some knife, a couple of hawks, and two for warclubs, and will be slowly but surely finishing them up - I have two built that are waiting for sheaths, one which is a VERY special piece that Gib made especially for my birthday the January before he passed on and will stay with me.................I'll take a pic later and post it for your enjoyment.....

Anybody else that has pics of pieces by Gib, whether CactusForge or CactusRose please post them...........

I am sorry for your loss of a true friend, Chuck. I didn't know Mr. Guignard but I believe his work reflects what kind of a man he was. Together, your work is pure artistry and I thank you for showing it.

Back