perfectly, imperfect fixed blade

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
This knife is imperfect! truth is... None of my knives are perfect.. This one included. There is always evidence of there origin and that they are handmade.

There is a small speck in the mokume on one side. as well as on the spine, there is a tiny scale inclusion. . Both could have been sanded more and removed.. but that would of changed the shape of the handle.. and the thickness of the bolster.. things I just wasnt willing to do. So its imperfect. :)

Even with that said, as with all of my work. I am very proud of it.. It represents some firsts for us! Our first mosaic billet that we did accordion cut on.. (learning experience 4sure!)
First successful W pattern billet.
Also my first time using mokume bolsters, (let alone some that we made)!

The handles are fossil ivory.. and not your run of the mill stuff its got more character them my sister in law and looks better to! :what!: Im just playing..:9: but I am serious about how awesome I think these scales look!

Thanks for checking out my work.. and please feel free to comment or critique the knife..

God Bless YA!
Randy

Attachments

• HHH Damascus Chopper 044.jpg
    HHH Damascus Chopper 044.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 111
  • HHH Damascus Chopper 037.jpg
    HHH Damascus Chopper 037.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 69
  • HHH Damascus Chopper 036.jpg
    HHH Damascus Chopper 036.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 72
  • HHH Damascus Chopper 038.jpg
    HHH Damascus Chopper 038.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 64
  • HHH Damascus Chopper 055.jpg
    HHH Damascus Chopper 055.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 61
Looks good--- who want perfect, they would all look the same..... They aren't flaws there character marks....

Thanks Guys! This is one is really cool lookin! Its available, any interest, Message me for info and stats. and more pics..

Still trying to figure out my new camera!

I took some better pics of this piece.. Lighting is everything when taking knife pics!

both sets of pics represent the knife well. But the second one look better on my monitor.. please tell me what you see and if there is a big difference, or what ones look better etc..

Thanks Guys & God Bless!

Attachments

• Christmass HHH Knives 105.jpg
    Christmass HHH Knives 105.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Christmass HHH Knives 098.jpg
    Christmass HHH Knives 098.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Christmass HHH Knives 110.jpg
    Christmass HHH Knives 110.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 4
  • Christmass HHH Knives 100.jpg
    Christmass HHH Knives 100.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Christmass HHH Knives 103.jpg
    Christmass HHH Knives 103.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Christmass HHH Knives 095.jpg
    Christmass HHH Knives 095.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Christmass HHH Knives 114.jpg
    Christmass HHH Knives 114.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Christmass HHH Knives 120.jpg
    Christmass HHH Knives 120.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 4
Randy,

The second set shows a lot better contrast in the colors. I can see so much more.

Very nice work and great photography.

Thanks for you input Kieth. I agree the second set represent the knife and colors better! Taking good pics is a atr i itself.. I have found lighting is EVERYTHING..

God Bless
Randy

Back