Rotator Cuff Surgery

standingbear

Hi all after a year putting up with a bum shoulder I talked my Doc into getting an MRI on it and seeing a Surgeon, turns out I have a torn rotator cuff and will have surgery on Jan 6 2011.
Hopefully I will be able to work in the garage next year as long as it dosent get as hot as this year, I have several projects sitting and waiting on me heh.
Michael

Good luck. I had this done last year. I had a torn rotator cuff due to a 1" bone spur growing into it is well worth it though.

oh man,
I suffered a 3 point tear awhile back including a through button hole tear,
but kept working for 2 weeks until I couldn't even lift my toothbrush...
Heal up well and quickly Standingbear!

Thanks guys, I have been working 7 days a week most of the year sore or not since my wife's new job pays less.
We decide to bite the bullet and get it fixed and try to get back to work as soon as I can. tonight my upper arm is swollen and sore from a tough job I had to run at work, thankfully I finished it and wont see any of those parts for a few months.
Michael

Brother 'Bear, don't you push it too hard man;
my ortho surgeon told me I probably only suffered a 1 or 2 point tear in the initial injury,
but swinging a 15 lb sledgehammer and running the chute of a concrete truck (and forming,and finishing)for 2 weeks after is what did me in.
(I know have an atrophied muscle in my upper shoulder/back as well).
14 weeks of rehabilitation got me as good as I'm gonna get,but I'm buggered now...
don't be a dumba$$ like me! (I can no longer work construction)

Back