pattern welded (damascus) dao for sale

kevin - the professor

goose quill dao random pweld 024.jpggoose quill dao random pweld 016.jpggoose quill dao random pweld 028.jpggoose quill dao random pweld 008.jpgHello Everyone,

I had this posted in the general sale area, and I moved it here because I am not sure if "swords" count as fixed-blade knives for this forum.

I am selling this Goose Quill Dao I just made. This type of sword is straight until the center of percussion, and then curves until the tip. This allows for good cutting and good thrusting.

The blade on this has a ridge running the length from the forte to the end of the fuller. Past the fuller, the blade becomes basically lens-shaped, but with a false-edge that is "scraping sharp."

This complex geometry gives a rigid yet relatively light blade with a convex cutting surface and good point for both cutting and thrusting.

22.5" oal
17" working legth to blade (linear distance from guard to tip, measured like a wakizashi would be).

400 layers of 1075 and 15n20, hardened in oil. Tempered 3x at 400F.
Significant distal taper. .24" thick at forte, about 1/8" in the "lens" near the point.
Weight = 1.2lbs

Bolsters are etched and blued wrought iron. Copper spacer. Mild steel guard.
Spalted Walnut handle.

This is a one-of-a-kind piece of art/weaponry. It does not look like a factory knife, and it has minor imperfections that enhance uniqueness. Overall,the fit and finish is very good. This is a formidible weapon, capable of powerful cuts and thrusts, but still relatievely light and fast.

Price: $500 U.S., Delivered anywhere in North America.

pm me if you are interested,

Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kevin,
It doesn't look like the attachments made the move. You will need to re-attach them so people can see the pictures.

Back