My dog has Lyme's Disease

John Barker

SUPERModerator & KNIFE MAKER
My poor dog Sunny has Lyme's Disease. She had a fever about a month ago, and seemed to respond to antibiotics, but the fever came back last week. It then went away with no treatment and her white cell count was fine. The vet ordered a tick profile and it came back with a positive Lyme's Disease titer. She's on a months long course of Doxycycline. There is no cure, but at least we know what's going on. A lot of dogs live with it fine. She's the lab hound mix behind my pit/rhodesian ridgeback mix in the front.
-John

Attachments

• edc 001.jpg
    edc 001.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 13
Sorry to hear that, John! I think I've been very lucky not to have had any dogs come down with Lyme Disease. Haven't found any ticks on Casper this year but I check him after every walk. Heck... I even had myself checked for Lyme's... so far so good. Hope Sunny has many bright days ahead of her. 2thumbs

I have never found a tick on her and she is on Frontline for fleas and ticks. I think she will be fine. She's tough as they come.
-John

I hope she does ok, I am a dog lover from way back. In fact I like dogs more than I do most people.

Back