Matched set of 3 in desert ironwood

cjwest

I just finished this matched set in 1080 with stainless hardware. They've got tapered tangs and matching desert ironwood sawn from the same block by Rob at Bad Dogs Burl Source. The sheaths are my 2nd-4th attempts at inlays, and feature rattlesnake skin from west Texas. It's the first time I've done a set, and it was a challenge to keep everything the same. Comments and critique welcome.

I just realized that I posted this under my wife's username!

Knife-1.jpg

Travis Fry

www.travisknives.com

Happy Thanksgiving Travis! Mighty good looking units.
Looks like the file work or jimping (sp) on the spine might be different? Other than that they look like identical triplets to me.
Sheaths look nice too.
Dozier

Happy Thanksgiving Travis! Mighty good looking units.
Looks like the file work or jimping (sp) on the spine might be different? Other than that they look like identical triplets to me.
Sheaths look nice too.
Dozier

X 2 well done Travis love the sheath as well.

Fantastic looking knives. I like them a lot as DI is one of my favourite handle material.

Thanks fellas. Dozier, one was for the boss, and it was supposed to be a little nicer, but otherwise my goal was to make them as matched as possible. Good eye. Met the customer for lunch yesterday, and he was really happy. For those interested, there are more (and better) pictures here.

Back