Illinois First Gun Season

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
photo[1].jpgphoto[1].jpgphoto[1].jpg

My buck from the season opener in Illinois last Friday. We still have a second season Dec 2 through 5.

Thanks for looking,
Steve

LUCKY! I got nuthin to show for opening weekend... Saw 4 does up close (about 35yrds) but am waiting to make my first deer at least a 6pt.

Steve,
Nice looking buck you got there. Hope you get some more your second season.
We have one long season here, a little over a month long.

Brad,
Can't eat horns, or atleast I can't:biggrin: And does make for some good eatin.

First morning out, 13th

Second morning out, 21st

The wife is going out with me Thanksgiving morning so I may take another Saturday morning. Who knows I may not even go shopping this weekend:what!:

Denny,
That ones from putnam county.
Will hunt Dekalb county for second season.
P.S. The elmax is in the mail.
Steev

I don't wanna hijack the thread, but this year is my first ever to deer hunt and I am content to wait and my make first something memorable and mountable... :) Does look funny on the wall...

Hey Steve,
They ought to be thick around Dekalb. A friend of mine just got a buck during bow season that scored 208 net on the Pope & Young system which took 3rd Place for the State. Thanks for sending the bar. Denny

Do we have a smiley with his jaw on the floor and his eyes bugging out????? WOW!

Btw... Don't you need a new huntin'-buddy? ;)

i still think you hunt at the zoo..hahaha. guy's ive seen that trophy room in person and it looks better in person, he's probably still wiping the drool off the floor from me.. nice buck steve

Hey Steve nice deer, his antlers have a nice chocolate color. Ive gotten three so far but nothing big. Just saved myself 400.00 bucks or so by not shootin the big one. LOL

Wow! Nice trophy room Steve. I'd like to get a few like that but will have to get real lucky or travel to other areas or hunt on a larger track of land. They don't let them live long enough to get that big here. It gets pretty frustrating letting decent but young deer walk and they get shot when he crosses the property line.

I've got two in the freezer for this year and wanting to bag a couple more nice does.

We've had a lot of wind this week and the nice does I saw were around 275-300 yards. Too far with with 20 mile winds and over 35 mile gusts. Only close ones have been small bucks. One decent eight pointer but still needs to grow.

Would that be for the pair or just the one? You may have to throw in a few belts, some kydex and maybe some corbys.

Back