Lance Cpl. Matthew J. Broehm-Prayers for his family

Justin King

A young Marine from Williams, AZ (about 30 miles up the road from me) was honored for his service yesterday. He and another Marine, Lance Cpl. Brandon W. Pearson were killed by small arms fire in Afghanistan on Nov. 4th, 2010. A service was held yesterday in Williams and was thankfully free of protesters and drew huge support from the public. I ask for prayers for his family, including his young wife, who have suffered such a tremendous loss in the name of our country.

A group from Westboro Baptist Church had publicised plans to protest at the funeral with signs, the wording of which would make some of you livid and shall not be repeated by my doing. Veterans and supporters showed up from surrounding cities and states in response, the result being that the town was packed with people there to support the family, and the protesters failed to appear.

I want to urge good folks to attend military funerals and show support for the families, and if necessary, to put yourself between the family and any protesters, so that they are not subjected to the disrespect of the protester's intent. We have shown that they can be beaten. Let's not let them ruin another funeral.

Last edited:
Prayers sent for both Men and their Families .....
It's terrible what some people will do to a young Man or Woman who has given All ....​
They will be quickly forgotten by such people ; While they will live Forever in Our Hearts .

Our prayers and condolences go out to both Marines and their families. May the Lord help their loved ones with their grief and give eternal peace to the young warriors. Semper Fi, my brothers.

My prayers and thoughts to the family.
Glad it worked out like it did. Very Glad.
A young soldier dies and they want to protest? Did they protest before the war? I'm way past angry. That's all I got to say.
Dozier

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends."

Warriors do not fight for themselves, rather they fight for those they love. Rest in peace brothers and may God lay his protecting hands upon those you left in our world until the day you are reunited.

Back