Watlow PID Controller

Indian George

I am having a bad time :34: programing my EZ-Zone PM Controller. Looking for any advise and assistance to do so.:31:
I don't know why they named it EZ-Zone.:taz:

I have one of those.....I never could get it to work correctly. After a two weeks of trying everything I could, I boxed it back up, stuck it on the shelf, and ever since have purchased/used the PID controllers off Ebay from this seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PID-SSR-TEMPERATURE-CONTROLLER-FURNACE-KILN-OVEN-New-/230384233470?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35a3f86bfe
for things such as salt pots, etc.

When I need a pyrometer, this is the one I purchase:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Universal-Digital-PID-Temperature-Control-Controller-/350277583494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item518e2bc286

I've acquired 2-3 Watlow controllers over the years, and every one of them has been a pain in the backside.....never have gotten any of them to work correctly.

Last edited:
How hard was it to wire it up???? I should call the sales rep at OEM Supply to see if he knows how to set it. :2:Thanks Bro.

Ed,
Can you program a ramp and soak with these controllers. I am trying to build an oven and am not sure what to buy.
I use mostly d2, any avice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rickey

Does this controller have an "autotune", if it does have you tried using that. Do you have a manual or what Watlow says is a manual, they leave alot to be desired. If you could send me the manual I may be able to help. What type of heaters/feedback device (ie thermocouple) are you using. I am a Controls Engineer with some experience in temperature control and Watlow controllers. Send me any documentation that you have and I will let you know if I can help.

Does this controller have an "autotune", if it does have you tried using that. Do you have a manual or what Watlow says is a manual, they leave alot to be desired. If you could send me the manual I may be able to help. What type of heaters/feedback device (ie thermocouple) are you using. I am a Controls Engineer with some experience in temperature control and Watlow controllers. Send me any documentation that you have and I will let you know if I can help.

Cooool!!!:biggrin: I'm in the smithy on my laptop, I'll send it to you when I get in the house.:s11798:

Ed,
Thanks for the link to for the pyrometer, I've been wanting one for my forge and for the new forge I'm building, these things scramble my little brains! But knowing the actual temps I'm getting in my forge is necessary. Thanks, Rex

Sorry for taking so long to respond....I just now came back to this thread. I have a "manual" for mine, but it was either written by a 1st grader, or they left a bunch of pages out...it has no wiring diagrams, nor even a diagram that labels each of the terminals. After trying everything I could to get the information, including emails and phone calls with no responses, I gave up on anything with "Watlow" on it. My impression of that company is that if you're not the purchasing agent for a major corp. or have a maintenance contract with them, they could care less about you. My recommendation is to either trash or give that one away, and purchase one of the controllers from the link(s) in my last post.

OH! I'm sorry! I have a couple of manuals on file..... TET-612, and TET-7100 are the ones that I have. Many of these controllers are similar, so just let me know which controller you have and I'll email you a copy of the manual.

I didn't know how "Electronically Challenged" I am:s12138:. Now I have three controllers and they are driven me crazy, should say crazier. HEHEHHEHE!!!!! Does anyone have any simple instructions and I do mean simple, that could enlighten me on programing them?????:s12108::red_indian:

Back