Gift for Dad

bjohnson

A while back, my father mentioned he would like a user knife for skinning deer. I finally got around to making a knife and sheath for him, in time for Thanksgiving. I hope he likes it. Critiques always welcome.

OAL: 8"
Blade: 3 1/4" ATS34 with cryo treatment
Handle: Ram horn

Ram_Horn_001.jpgRam_Horn_002.JPG.jpgRam_Horn_003.JPG.jpgRam_Horn_004.JPG.jpg

Looks like a real handy skinner, love the handle material and I am sure your Dad is going to love it.

Nice design and craftsmanship, I am sure he will be very thankful. Hopefully he will be fortunate enough to place it in action. I love sheep horn and so will he.

Thanks guys. That was my first time working with sheep horn. That stuff just gets everywhere when you're sanding/grinding it.

I agree. Nice knife.
A skinner for sure but still has a point. Nice. No choil which is good for a skinner.
I'd bet big $ he is very happy. Well Done, Dozier

very nice, i really like the sheath. Wish I had the gift of working with leather. I have knives laying around with out any.

My dad seemed to really like it. Hopefully he will get to test it out soon. Muzzleloader season is starting up. Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Great looking knife Ben.
Maybe we get to see pics of it in use?

God bless,Keith

My brother got a deer this morning and my dad got to test out the knife. He said it was the best skinner he's ever used. I checked the edge today and it felt as sharp as when I gave it to him. :biggrin:

Skinner and horns.jpg

Back