I wanted to pass this along,so that you may pass it on to everyone you know...

Ironwolf

The Knife Poet
I know this is a place for knife related things,
but this is of huge importance to me,
(as one of my best friends was killed by a cager not long ago)
and probably touches on some of you as well...
I wanted it to be highly visible.

It is a reminder to all of us: we have a responsibility to those who have died on,or by the roadside,and those
left behind...To be ourselves,safer more aware,and to instill this in
others.When you see unsafe driving,do something about it...you may be saving the life of someone you know and love.http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Memory-Of-a-book-t......o-remember/121844371208633

For my brother Dave
Ride In Peace

Edited to add
A friend just emailed me regarding this post...
Here's why this book hits me with such impact:

My friend Dave was killed awhile back when a fella in a truck tried to scoot across 3 lanes of highway directly in front of Dave who was on a motorcycle.
It's thought that the guy didn't see Dave, but saw the cars behind him,
and tried to get into the turning lane ahead of the traffic...
Dave hit the truck broadside,went over the handlebars and even though he was wearing body armour,when he hit the back corner of the cab, it crushed his chest, ripping the aorta from his heart. They told Michelle (Dave's wife and mother of their 2 young sons) that he died instantly,
but they were trying to be kind,
because,even when the heart is stopped suddenly, the brain,and Mind still live for a few minutes...
and that's a long time to think about leaving a wife,and 2 sons (one was only a month old)
behind.
The old fella driving the truck also died at the scene,of a heart attack.
Too many people left behind with a heavy darkness that will never be lifted,
all because of one man's impatience,and carelessness.

Last edited:
Great post Ironwolf.

As one of the people that have survived an encounter with a cager, I can appreciate your facebook link more than you know.

Mine as a hit and run and the guy left me there in the road while he just drove off not knowing if I lived or not. Sure would like to get my hands on him now.

His actions cost me my job, my medical insurance when I needed it the most, and has been instrumental in my financial problems ever since. A year in a wheelchair was a nightmare for me and the last five years of limited mobility have been tough. The physical limitation have cost me more than one potential job.

If I had not worn a helmet that day, I would not have survived. I ground a hole in the helmet on the asphalt. I hated wearing it but it saved my life.

I can't believe someone can hit someone and just drive off not knowing if they killed them or not. This affected the rest of my life and I hope he has nightmares over it but I doubt it.

I don't belong on your web page but I came pretty darn close to getting a spot on there.

Hopefully it will make people think and look out for bikes. Maybe, if we are lucky, it will make people like the guy that hit me decide to face up to his actions and come forward to face the damage he caused to others.

Once again Ironwolf, a good thing from you.

Bob

Bob,it's not my web-page,or book,or idea.
It's the work of a fella named Keith Cyr,
http://www.keithcyr.com/
and I'm just passing along something that hits close to home for me,
and others who are close to me.
I don't think there are many of us who haven't been impacted by a careless or tragic incident involving a vehicle.
We all have,or know someone who has suffered injury or worse because of carelessness or misfortune encountered
on the roadways.
From the age of 7 I learned to drive my Dad's old VW baja buggy,and soon after got my 1st motorcycle (Yamaha 80 mini enduro)
I grew up with the wind and bug-splat on my face,and after my first spill,it was instilled deeply in me that when you're clippin' along at 60+ miles per hour on or in a vehicle,when that vehicle comes to an abrupt stop, your body don't.
That taught me to be aware of my surroundings,
to look further than just the set of headlights in front of me.
I'd like to say that the fella who drove away leaving you on the road will have a moment of conscience and step up,
but the reality is that what he did probably won't hit home until it's him lying in a crumpled heap on a wet,dark roadway somewhere...
To all of you,
keep it rubber side up,and be Safe.

Last edited:
always be alert and use the proper safety equipment I am proof that it can save a life but life will be changes one way or another

Hey folks,just wanted to ask you;
regardless of whether you buy a copy,
if you're active on social networks like Facebook, please click "Like",or otherwise pass it along to others...

Back