New Shop Up and Running

Dwane Oliver

Well , long story short , we lost our place and had to move. My mom wanted to move north to my sisters and I needed a place ...so we moved to her house. She didn't have a sufficient shop for my knifemaking. So I built a new one. I'm bad about taking pictures , and didn't take any of the build , it happened in less than 2 weeks. Its all done now , hung the sign today. With the change in my life , I decided to get a new logo too.
Its 10' X 20' long , with about 7'6" celing. 2X6 floor joist , sheeted on one side with 7/16" waffer , and 1" on the floor side. Walls are 2X4 on 16" centers , siding on the outside , 7/16 on the inside. 2X4 trusses with a 5' tall X 4' wide X 20' long attic above. 12 X12 pitch , what a bugger to roof. Completely insulated from the ground up. 20 outlets and 4-4'(4 bulb) florescent's. It has an air-conditioner and a heater. The lean-to is 10' X 20' also with about a 7' eave.
On to the pictures.
Its the shop I've been dreaming of for about 4 years.Its perfect in size , no wasted space.
On to the pics:
Front view
Shop1.jpg

The Lean-to is the hot work area , for welding , cutting , forging...
Shop4.jpg

View from the front door. Bill C , notice the shop gun beside the window ( Charles Daily 12Ga Auto , loaded OO , slug ,OO , slug ) AC in the corner.
Shop5.jpg

View from the back , welder, plasma cutter , and torch leads go out a small hole in the wall to the steel bench outside. That's the heater by the door , small white box. Its electric and doesn't hardly run at all to keep it 60deg inside , its 35 outside right now.
Shop6.jpg

And the last one is of my sign , new logo for a new beginning :biggrin:
Shop7.jpg

Well I hope you enjoyed my shop tour , its small and easy to get around in , and I love it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments guys.
Calvin , I hope to only be here about 4 years , then we are moving north.....Wa. I hope.

Back