My Shop Visit

Denny Eller

Last week I drove the crookedest roads in the world to a place near Sunbright, TN to visit Wayne Coe, tour his shop and talk to him about purchasing a grinder. Constant rain and drizzle marred an otherwise beautiful drive to Wayne's. I was first greeted by Moe, his shop dog, and then by Wayne. I was 1 1/2 hours late (as usual) but the beer I brought Wayne and the Beggin' Strips I brought Moe seemed to vilify my tardiness. Wayne has a beautiful spread tucked into deep forest and he has a large well equipped shop. He had a forge running and was power hammering a piece of steel when I arrived. The first things I noticed were his huge collection of tongs, hammers and power tools. Then I saw his clean room and the fridge and other appliances he had. What a perfect place for a Hammer-In! As many of you know, Wayne makes welded No Weld Grinders, supplies parts like motors and VFD's. Guys, if you are looking for a rock solid belt grinder look no further. Wayne makes 'em to last and offers whatever options you may require. To make a long story even longer, I purchased a grinder from Wayne. This is my first belt grinder and I can't wait to pick it up and put it to work. It has a 1 1/2 hp. motor, four- step pulleys on the motor and machine so I have variable speeds, a flat platen, a eight inch contact wheel and pretty much everything else I will need. It is a "Plug and Play" grinder. All I have to do is bring it home, put a belt on it and plug it in - it is all wired with a switch ready to go. If you ever have the opportunity to attend one of Wayne's Grinder Build Classes don't pass it up. He is a true Southern Gentleman and a great teacher. I am mechanically challenged so if you're like me he will build one for you. I can't recommend him enough so I will stop now.

(Oh! I almost forgot, Wayne.) He is devillishly handsome and Moe only made love to my leg once.:15:

Good to know and very well written..... but are you sure you didn't give away to much secret info like where he lives. I heard he is famous and has lots of money!!!! OH PS what kind of beer does he like. That's important info!!!!!!!!! :les:

Good to know and very well written..... but are you sure you didn't give away to much secret info like where he lives. I heard he is famous and has lots of money!!!! OH PS what kind of beer does he like. That's important info!!!!!!!!! :les:

Thanks Denny but are you sure that you were discribing me?
To answer you Kris: COLD.

Wayne's not too discriminate about what he drinks. As long as it makes the mason jar sweat in the summer, it's good.

(Of course, I've seen Wayne drink some things that would make a mason jar sweat in Antartica)

Last edited:
Sounds like a good visit with a decent Host Denny.
Put me on your list of knives to make, once you get the big kinks out please!
Looking forward to hearing the tales.
Dozier

At least you both can speak the same language.:s12138: When Wayne was here and when I talk to you on the phone, I need a interpreter. You Two Hillbillies. HEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Last edited:
Kris, Wayne is terribly distraught over the sale of Anheuser-Busch to a foreign company so he has become an official disposal site for that foreign Budweiser.

Dozier, you got it, my friend. Just tell me what you want and pray I live long enough to figure this grinding thing out.

IG - bite us.

Kris, Wayne is terribly distraught over the sale of Anheuser-Busch to a foreign company so he has become an official disposal site for that foreign Budweiser.

Dozier, you got it, my friend. Just tell me what you want and pray I live long enough to figure this grinding thing out.

IG - bite us.

You're gonna be around plenty long...only the Good Die Young. ;)
Oh, and it ain't IG's bite that will getchya so much as the burnt-to-the-bone wound from his h.t. relish!
:biggrin:

Sounds like I need to get down and seen Wayne. Sounds like he is a good host.
Whadya say Wayne? I dont have cold beer but I may be able to scare up some recycled corn in a mason jar.;)

Hey Sean, I can assure you that a Mason jar of mountain dew would get you a warm welcome. Or without. Wayne is a good host, just give him a call.

Sean, Let me know when you want to come. Try to set it out a little while and maybe we can post it on KD and invite others who are interested in coming.

That sounds like fun, guys. I'd llke to join you for a day of forging and hammering and mason jars. Maybe we can get some of the KY and TN makers together and have a real hammer-in, Wayne. Sean, I been hoping to meet you since last fall. If I had a striper boat we would have already met. hehehe

That sounds like fun, guys. I'd llke to join you for a day of forging and hammering and mason jars. Maybe we can get some of the KY and TN makers together and have a real hammer-in, Wayne. Sean, I been hoping to meet you since last fall. If I had a striper boat we would have already met. hehehe

Sounds good Denny. BTW I can bring a boat, but Cumberland is a big lake I'll need a guide.:)

Sean

I ain't got a boat but I can swim! If anyone wants to get together this week or next, I might be able to swing it. I'm in Knoxville till after Thanksgiving, then back up to WI for the winter. What a plan, eh?

I visited Wayne a couple months ago, what agreat time! He was fresh out of mountain dew but I left him a bottle of my homemade wine anyway cause I'm just nice like that. Then he up and disappeared for several weeks! I was afraid my wine kilt him but I hear it was just computer troubles :D Glad you're doin well, Wayne.

Back