Hollow handle

JTClark

I received an order a while back for a hollow handle survival type knife. The order was canceled, but I had already got everything together for the build, so I decided to build it anyway. Here are specs:
Aluminum handle,
Stainless steel guard,
6" 14-4CrMo stainless blade.
Comments are welcome.
Jason
survival 2.jpg
survival 1.jpg

Sorry your order got canceled,
I do like the knife. Blade shape looks spot on to me.
You include a fire steel or such, and I bet you can sell it if you want to.
Dozier

I was looking at the fire steels and will probably get a few from Tracy on my next order,
Jason

Sorry about the order, but as Dozier said I don't think you will have a problem selling it. It looks good.

I agree with the other fellas. Hollow handles have mostly fallen out of favor but there are still folks who can't resist them. Post it up and someone somewhere will think it's the bee's knees. Then it will seem like bonus income! :)

JT,

I really like it. Could you share how the blade attached to the hollow handle? I appreciate the help. Jajimi

Im a fan of hollow handles. Cant resist them. Looks real clean. I would also like some info on your method of blade/handle attachment.

Basicly it is a link, like a bike chain, blade on one end, grade 8 bolt on the other (shortened) the link is 3/32 440C and 1/8 pins. I tested it by beating the assembled pre-ground knife on a weathered hardened 4x4. By using the pre-ground blade I was able to generate more force due to the blade being heavier.
Jason

That is a great looking knife!! I would buy one of those from you.

I know that that WILL sell quickly.

I just listed this one on my web site and I have a second one to finish on my bench. If anyone is interested feel free to contact me.
Thanks for all the comments
Jason

Back