Curtiss Knives KD Military Knife

Curtiss Knives

KD Founding Member #1, Knifemaker
Well I'm gonna start the party early! This is my build knife. It is the same A-2 blank that is going to everyone. I just pulled one from the pile. Yes, the rest are shipped! I already had some corbys and MCAD G-10 from Tracy, so why not start. I did a hollow grind and swedge on mine. My blade is ready for heat treat which I will do tomorrow. I'm gonna sculpt the G-10 for super grippyness. Well, thats all I got for now. Look forward to seeing everyone elses builds!
Knife Dogs Military Knife 001.jpgKnife Dogs Military Knife 002.jpgKnife Dogs Military Knife 003.jpg
pencil.png

Looks like it is coming together nice. I'll probably stick with the flat grind just because that is what I'm most comfortable with. Can't wait to get started.

That looks almost as good as mine will look Dave ;) . LOL Great work Sir, I can't wait to see it finished. I'm working on one right now that I'm making out of 1095. I hope to have it complete tonight.

Go ahead and take your time with that, why don't you lol...probably have yours done before I even get my blank! Looks good, Dave, I am really looking forward to seeing everyone's different versions of this design.

Knife is done. Heat treated and finished today. I did a black oxide and tumble finish on the blade. Gives it a no-glare marble kinda look. I carved the scales and bolted them on with two of my folder pivots. I must say I'm very proud of this knife. Not only for where it is going, but the final product itself. It is a wonderful design and will serve it's owner well. I hope everyone else has as much fun as I did. Thanks for looking. :biggrin:
Knife Dogs Military Knife 008.jpgKnife Dogs Military Knife 006.jpgKnife Dogs Military Knife 004.jpgKnife Dogs Military Knife 005.jpgKnife Dogs Military Knife 007.jpg

Looks good Dave. It will be interesting to see some of the different versions that come out of this.

I'm looking forward to getting started.

Carey

That is awesome would never had guessed the pictures were of the same knife. I would love to know how to do that finish on a blade. Looking forward to making one
Rodneyj

Back