Steak Knives

big70tom

I dont want to insult anyone, as I realize this is pretty basic tame stuff compared to what some of you guys are doing but for some reason, Im into it. I want to make a set of Steak Knives..... now first let me say, make as in put the handles on them!!!

Does anyone know where I can buy some Good Quality Steak Knive Blanks that I can attach the scales to myself? Or any other ideas on how to obtain the steel?

Hey Big Tom,
Welcome to Knife Dogs....I would try Jantz knife supply for the blanks, and if you're looking for exotic wood handle material, then I maybe able to help you. Feel free to shoot me a PM or email if you would like. Larry

Putting handles on ready made knife blades is quite traditional, probably more traditional than making the blade and putting a handle on it also. There's nothing wrong with it nor is it low skill, just a different skill and is an art in itself. Welcome to the board and let us know if we can be of help to you.

Doug Lester

OK, any suggestions on how to do this? lol I found some good blades at Jantz, and I know I want to use mosaic pins, but not sure how it all works.... anybody know of a book?

Sets like this look really good with the wood being from the same block or board. Get some cheap blades to practice on before you tackle you steak knives. You can waste a good blade real quick if this is your first. When you order your blades ask for some practice blades. One suppler I used sold them for about half price. Most of the time there was not really anything bad about them. Still usable, but not sellable. Send us pics.

Back