Rio Grande Camp Knife - Wild Country #1

ChuckBurrows

Inspired by the Rio Grande Camp knives of the late 1800's, our version has a 7 5/8" x 1/4" thick blade handforged from W2 steel by by bladesmith Romey Bromwich of High Country knives with file work on the spine by me. The deer antler crown grip has a brass bolster and a deer rawhide wrap and decorated with some simple incise carving. There is an American eagle coin buttcap.
The partially beaded sheath has a heat hardened bark tan leather liner with a deer rawhide cover and braintan buckskin cuff making for a very tough sheath designed for hard use that has the flavor of the Old West. Other decoration consists of iron tacks in two sizes and a criss cross alum tawed sheepskin wrap on the cuff.
Everything has been lightly aged to give it that used but not abused look.....This is the first collaboration between Romey and myself - with more to come.

wc-001-1.jpg

wc-001-2.jpg

Thanks, I think the blade with the elk has a nice balance to it, its heft without the feeling of. Chucks Sheath and work on the knife as it was when I sent it to him made for a very good fit for our style and vision. Who ever ends up with this piece wont be disappointed.

Back