GooseSeason'09

David Wesner

Goose season opened a week earlier " in da U.P. dis year" ;)
The first few days in the blind yielded only about 7 birds. More coffee & donuts were burned up than gunpowder.
Saturday & Sunday were spectacular ! Winds were out of the south, so any flight birds were more than willing to stop for a break.

Some didn't leave ;) We had a blast 2thumbs

100_5089.jpg

100_5104.jpg

100_5110.jpg

100_5113.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Haul David!! You the young lad with the SXS2thumbs

Thanks Stabber 2thumbs

Yeah, that would be me ................ :) but I'm not so young anymore at 48. Believe me, my whiskers come out pure white. The rock to my right is my Dad and the fella behind me (with his arm on the blind) is my Uncle. That morning the birds were decoying so nice that I just had to break out that little Ithaca 20 Ga. side by side. SWEET SHOTGUN !!!

The Ruger O/U in the top pic is also mine, and is what I normally take with me for waterfowling. That pic was taken opening day. My little corner of the blind :D

Man thats just too much fun !!

cool 1

Last edited:
Oct 17th opens Wa state. for duck and goose. I will be out both Sat. and Sun. I will have to post some pics of the duck carnage.

Oct 17th opens Wa state. for duck and goose. I will be out both Sat. and Sun. I will have to post some pics of the duck carnage.

Please do !! Can't wait to see them ;)

David, is that 3rd pic one of geese or Homeland Security? Congrats on the birds.

Now that is funny as hell 2thumbs I'll have to share that one with my hunting buddies, they'll get a real kick out of it. Thanks :D

You fellas did good, DW! Hunters here in SE Iowa have had pretty slow going on the geese.

Hey, don't feel bad. This has been the slowest season I can remember here too...... ever !

We've seen the lowest number of migrating birds (high flyers) that we've seen in years & years. Its been crazy. Absolutely ZERO Richardsons geese, which we normally do well on and ZERO Blues/Snows which we usually do well on too. This year.......... NONE !

Every single bird we've taken has been a Giant Canada.

Whats up with that ?? We're asking the same questions brother unsure

huh1

Last edited:
WOW!!!!!!

Nice kills David.

Looks like you all had a blast out there. Good times2thumbs

Thanks for sharing,

Back