Wannamaker Gun Show- Tulsa, Oklahoma

mike miller

KNIFE MAKER
Guys and gals if you are in the neighborhood the week end of November 13 and 14, come by the QT Center and visit. On row 5, section C we will have a little group together. Coye Knives, Martin Knives of Texas, Craig Steketee, Miller Custom Knives, and Stew Killiam knives for sale will be there. Bret Dowell and Don Parrish may make an appearance.

Billy has his own special spot downstairs and says people know where to find him. He comes to visit and thats it.

I love the wanemacher show, If it has got something to do with knives or guns it is there. It surprises me how many knife supply's that is there. I usually get most of the stuff I need to make it through the winter months there.
I would love to be up on the upper level with the knife dog guys, murph, but I have been at that table down stairs so long my customer's wouldn't find me if I moved.
It is one heck of a show to go to.

Later Gaters
Billy

I have wanted to go to that show, I hear it is awesome. What I can't understand is why do they have it during November when a good number of the true gun and knife enthusiasts are deer hunting? Opening weekend for modern gun season at that, I'm just one person and that knocks me out. I know several guys that said they would like to go but will not miss deer season.

Apparently the gun show in Louisville was a flop this last weekend. They had it during Opening Muzzleloader weekend plus the fact it was one of the last weekends in the fall for people to get out, plus moved it on top of another event that attracts more people than that show anyway, what do they expect?

I guess my point is if they would have it about any other time of the year I'm sure they would get a larger crowd, regardless of how big it is more would still brings in more bucks.

Wanenmacher has their show twice a year in April and November. 4000+ tables and 11 acres of floor space.

Wear good shoes and plan on both days as you'll never see it all in one day :)

BC

Cliff we had to get after him for years because it originally was opening day of muzzle loading season in OCT. Now the horse people take over the fairgrounds the whole month of October.

It is now a weekend before our gun season Thanksgiving week. It is a great opportunity to pick up whatever you need. I have been to it for the last 20 some years and it has grown tremendously. As Bill said wear good shoes, I once walked every aisle top and bottom and it took me 6 hours just really never stopping.

That's opening weekend of modern gun season for us. I think it will hit on youth turkey weekend again in the spring but misses the main shotgun turkey season. I may try to make the spring show.

Bill you realize we are down to less than 3 weeks to the show. On top of this I have to be out of town this week. I have a dozen laid out with guards on them set up now to start putting handles .
Everyone that comes may you have safe journey to the show andd come well rested because it will wear you out doing the show.

Man this show snuck up on me this time. I just booked my hotel today..... Look forward to hanging out with ya'll Okie boys again.

Ryan, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've got that may wind up in my Minchew collection....

.....so far two slippies.

:)

JUST THOUGHT OF A NEEDED ACESSORY FOR THOSE GOING TO THE SHOW- SMALL NOTEBOOK AND PEN OR PENCIL. There are so many tables there that you lose sight of where you are. on the center aisle is row numbered stands and you can ask a person what section and table they are to come back if needed.

I thought I might be able to make a visit but it doesn't look like that will happen this time. You men sell lot of knives to help all the hunters skin their game with ease. Nothing like a good hand made knife to make short work of the cutting chores.

Have 14 sheaths on the bench and need to make one big one. Put my name on them and sharpen. I'm ready for the big show.

Thanks Mike, I think we are going to try and get there in the spring. I lived in Broken Arrow and Chelsea for a while when I was a kid and haven't been out there in years so it would be nice to get out there and look around.

Back