Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Iron Wolf - Pack Rat

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Steve Janik

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
Justin King was kind enough to spark interest in doing a build for deployed servicemembers. In true community fashion, numerous Knife Dogs have offered to pitch in to help in this effort. In a later post, I will list all who have graciously offered materials or services for this effort.

Our next step in this effort is to decide on which design we wish to use for the build. Several designs have been submitted and all have worthy merit as quality users, but one must be chosen in order to move forward with the build. We are particularly interested in receiving in put from those who wish to participate in the build, but this poll is open for all Knife Dog's opinions.

Cal Harkins
Cal Harkins pt2-001.jpg

Dave Curtis
Dave Curtis KD1.jpg

Justin King - Mid Service Model
Justin King midservicemod.jpg

Justin King - Mid Size Mid Service Model
Justin King protomidsize.jpg

Murph
Murphy Cmbt Util.jpg

Nowicki
Nowicki nakedrecurve.jpg

HHH Knives
Black Hawk Design By HHH Knives.jpg

Iron Wolf - 2 and 3 Finger
2and3Fingerknifedesigns.jpg

Iron Wolf - Purely Tactical
Iron Wolf purelytactical.jpg

Iron Wolf - Wolf Pup
Iron Wolf WolfPup.jpg

Iron Wolf - IWD
Iron Wolf - Tak-Muk
Iron Wolf - Pack Rat
Steve Janik

These last four will be on my next post. There wasn't enough room for all thirteen designs in one post.

Last edited:
Hey Murph , We still have to decide WHO gets them as well .
I know there's at least one guy ( a Vietnam Vet ) I've spoken to , who would like someone in his old unit to receive a knife . Are we going to make something like that possible ?​
Is there any choice to be made by us , or is it already decided who's to get them ? This seems like it could be the hardest part ...​
Thanks , Bill​

Bill,
I'm going to step in here as your question was already answered in my discussion earlier with Justin before anything was posted in this drive.

The original post and intent was to supply knives to active, deployed servicemen or women. I understand our veterans deserve our thanks also but the intent of this effort was active and deployed. Those that are currently in harms way. I asked Justin to mention that clearly in his post in case exact question would come up.

You can certainly lead an effort here if you chose, to see that some of our veterans get a knife and I will support that also as long as it is clearly spelled out in advance.

I think Bill meant that his friend would like to see a knife donated to someone who is currently serving in the unit he used to serve in-I could be wrong but that was how I read it. At any rate it is good to have that detail made clear from the beginning, thank you, Tracy.
To sort of answer the rest of Bill's question, as far as I know we do not have any plans written in stone for who the knives will go to yet. Murph is looking into some possibilities through his channels and I have my ear to the ground but have not had time to actively pursue this myself recently. If your friend can get in contact with a unit that is deployed to a forward area, I would consider that worth looking into as a possibility, but I will defer to whatever input Murph has on that. He may have something going already and if so I don't want to complicate it.

There are several designs that I really liked. however considering the type of use and abuse that these knives will see I would say a design like the one that Murph posted would serve best. This design looks sterdy with a strong spine. IMHO false edeges look cool but will lead to broken tips under the use that these blades will see.

Please bare with me, I'm trying to get all of these photos compiled and added to the poll.

I have a buddy who is active,AND about to get knee deep in the slippery stink.
An excerpt from his post (on another forum) just yesterday:
"On a side note- might be a bit before I can chat with you fellas again. Don't know if ya follow the news but things haven't been pretty this side of the drink, and the unit we are working with lost 9 Marines this past week. So now it's time to get back out there and do some clean-up duty."

(as a side note, he's really loving my Tak-'Muk idea:3: )

Last Three Design Photos

Iron Wolf - IWD
IronWolfDesignEntry.jpg

Iron Wolf - Tac-Muk
IronWolfDesignTac-Muk.jpg

Iron Wolf - Pack Rat
IronWolfPackRat.jpg

Steve Janik
Steve Janik kantlooz.jpg

Last edited:
Incidentally,those are the only three I submitted that I actually consider applicable to the requirements.
If one of them is chosen,please feel free to modify it to suit it's function.

The friend and Vet I mentioned is a member here and also one who is in on the making. And yes ,I did mean for an Active Duty member. Sorry for any confusion. I aiso don't see Steve Janiks knife in the mix for voting. Thanks,Bill

Bill, thank you for pointing out my oversight. When i scanned through the thread, i looked for photos and attached files and completely missed Steve's "Kantlooz" model. I'm trying to figure out how to edit the poll now.

Murph,
Don't fret if you cant alter the poll. There seems to be several better choices. I would however be happy to donate a tactical looking "Kantlooz" for a serviceman.

You are doing good work here, thanks

Steve

This is the Black Hawk that Randy at HHH knives made for me, This is an awesome knife ! I had him leave the handle for me so I could make it fit my hand just right. Just wanted people to know this is a great knife and anyone would be proud to carry one ! Vote wisely my friends.

Attachments

• Black Hawk.jpg
    Black Hawk.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 18
Hey Dogs , I just got off the phone with Aldo .
And I wanted to say publicly what a GREAT guy he is .
His Enthusiasm and Generosity is 2nd to none , we're lucky to have him with us on this . After all , we wouldn't get very far without steel .​
And I just wanted to say - Thank You Aldo .​

I'll add my "Thank You" to that!
This is an incredible effort on all fronts,
and I just wish there was something substantial I could contribute...
If I had the means right now, I'd be grinding and making something to serve Those Who Serve.
(and 'Squirrel,that Black Hawk of Randy's is a beautiful beast...)

Last edited:
I have been watching this thread with quite a bit of interest and I would like to thank all the Dogs for standing up to help our service members. It does an old vet's heart good.

I didn't feel like one of my designs would be what most folks were thinking about for 'field' work so I didn't make any offers to contribute a design. I would, however, like to offer to complete a knife for the cause.

If I can be of help, let me know.

Carey

I think this one would be the best of those presented, but would not include that aggressive jimping on the butt for the small finger

attachment.php

Back