Bull Shark M - WIP (picture heavy)

eastvillageknives

I'm working on an order for a customer that came to a stand still when my forge broke down. So I started this Bull Shark - M for a buddy of mine.

I took some pics of the work in progress, thought it would be nice to show them here.

Steel: Cru Forge V
Thickness: 6mm
Scales: Green/Black linnen micarta

Foto-SYXSBRZR.jpg

grips and blade

Foto-HKOPTCOW.jpg

Foto-84AB6TLW.jpg

Foto-HO6DVBFL.jpg

Foto-6WZKKH4L.jpg

Foto-77WDBVUF.jpg

Foto-YPUPUJQA.jpg

Foto-7RNLI8CA.jpg

Foto-G8PWSYUP.jpg

Foto-4QUMJMSG.jpg

Foto-LCV8ZA8N.jpg

Foto-VAASVC4I.jpg

Rubber liners.

Foto-EMVDJNDV.jpg

Foto-WMEKOTX6.jpg

Foto-C3CMFPKN.jpg

Foto-HPGPMSE6.jpg

Foto-VDG4H673.jpg

Spacer between grip and pommel.

Foto-BHOOHB8O.jpg

Pommel

Foto-IS8IRLC8.jpg

Foto-PDGSSIOS.jpg

Foto-O8IFALR6.jpg

Foto-AK6SIVN7.jpg

Foto-YXXOP3EK.jpg

Foto-STAKMMDQ.jpg

Hofentlich kann ich das Messer morgenabend harten.

Knife is hardened and ready for the GunKote finish.

Foto-LFLFPLZW.jpg

final fitting

Foto-EVEPTFZQ.jpg

Foto-XDBKRNRI.jpg

Foto-TJRNIN3Z.jpg

Foto-73F8EUPV.jpg

Foto-DSWDNUG4.jpg

Foto-D4KIUISH.jpg

Foto-HKPPOBFF.jpg

Foto-BHLMXDGT.jpg

Foto-LEOAFKWT.jpg

Foto-U6YDI4AM.jpg

And the finished product....

Foto-UL8WMD3I.jpg

Foto-U4U8XCDZ.jpg

Foto-YVTWPCRU.jpg

Foto-DMXUHNHO.jpg

Foto-PHJ3HT7F.jpg

Foto-T3JOCRYJ.jpg

Foto-AHLP73LU.jpg

Foto-QO3J7YBL.jpg

Foto-SJRZJXZC.jpg

Cool knife! Can you show or discuss more detail on how make the the pommel and how it is held in place. Is it force fit by the handles? This a really cool knife with some interesting design features. I also like the rubber spacers!

Thanks for the WIP! I always like seing other peoples skills in action. I like the design.....its a really good looking knife!!

I just got some of that Cru Forge V. It is tough to grind even anealed. How does it hold up?

Last edited:
That is a cool WIP thank you for posting it. That is one great looking knife as well.

That's a great looking tactical knife. What are the overall dimensions?

Last edited:
Cool knife! Can you show or discuss more detail on how make the the pommel and how it is held in place. Is it force fit by the handles? This a really cool knife with some interesting design features. I also like the rubber spacers!

Thanks for the comments!

The pommel is held in place by gluing and the peened tang. I filed a shoulder in the tang on which the pommel is resting. this shoulder is flush with the grip. So when you hammer with the knife, the pommel is resting on the metal shoulder and on the micarta grip. This is also the reason for the micarta spacer that has the grain running vertical, to make sure it won't crack along the grain.

Overall dimensions are a 13cm blade and handle, about 5.1 inches (both blade and grip).

Back