Just got back from Bark River Knife visit

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
I went to Bark River Knives in Escanaba MI this weekend. They have what's called a Grind in. Basically, they bring in several employees for the weekend to help total newbs to knifemaking make a knife or two. It's 2 day deal. This Grind-In was for the Jerzee Devil (www.jerzeedevil.com) forum members (well it was open to anyone really).
10 people made knives.

I didn't make a knife. I met with several different people and have some new suppliers and items coming soon for www.USAKnifemaker.com

Tubtar (John S) and I met in River Falls WI and rode bikes there and back. It was a 1000 miles round trip. It was a great ride and great weekend. Highly recommended if you want to get your feet wet and learn how to make a knife.

I'm way behind now so I'll be nearly invisible until I get caught back up.
t

Sounds like you had a great weekend BossDog. Of course, after that ride, you may need to lay down a while and let tail relax a bit.

Murph

1000 mile bike trip! I bet both Tubtar's and your legs are aching from pedaling! :eek:

Dont forget to send me one of the things you called me about so I can see how ya did it! :)

I will. It's about 3 weeks away at least I think. He has several other projects on the white board.

Did anyone ask why they are not using anter, or horn on hardly any knives anymore? I was kinda savin up for a stag or rams horn Bravo1 and now all they have are micarta and wood...

Jason

Did anyone ask why they are not using anter, or horn on hardly any knives anymore? I was kinda savin up for a stag or rams horn Bravo1 and now all they have are micarta and wood...

Jason

If you get ahold of Mike Stewart usually he will do what you want.

I went to Bark River Knives in Escanaba MI this weekend. They have what's called a Grind in. Basically, they bring in several employees for the weekend to help total newbs to knifemaking make a knife or two. It's 2 day deal. This Grind-In was for the Jerzee Devil (www.jerzeedevil.com) forum members (well it was open to anyone really).
10 people made knives.

I didn't make a knife. I met with several different people and have some new suppliers and items coming soon for www.USAKnifemaker.com

Tubtar (John S) and I met in River Falls WI and rode bikes there and back. It was a 1000 miles round trip. It was a great ride and great weekend. Highly recommended if you want to get your feet wet and learn how to make a knife.

I'm way behind now so I'll be nearly invisible until I get caught back up.
t

You mean to tell me you were an hour away from me and didn't swing by :confused: huh1

Man, I can really feel the love ............. unsure

;)

Oh, BTW, it might be closer to 2 hours :eek:

:p

Last edited:
If you get ahold of Mike Stewart usually he will do what you want.

True that!

DSCN8486.jpg

I saw he had some nice ram's horn and some antler. I didn't see any stag. Doesn't mean he didn't have it, I just didn't see it. He often works in customer requests for selected handle material if you call.

Dave, we would have stopped but we were averaging 80 most of the way. It would have been a quick visit..

I saw he had some nice ram's horn and some antler. I didn't see any stag. Doesn't mean he didn't have it, I just didn't see it. He often works in customer requests for selected handle material if you call.

Dave, we would have stopped but we were averaging 80 most of the way. It would have been a quick visit..

I hear ya Tracy. I know how that goes too and was just messin with ya ;)

I want you to know (and anyone else who would like to stop by the shop)that you're always welcome 2thumbs

:)

The Wife & I missed the Grind In this year. First one.:( Just wasn't in the cards, or the finances.

Mike Stewart will do requests for handles on Barkies during a run, but with some of those materials mentioned, it may be hard to find scales big enough these days.
Some people supply their own.

Back