Mia Melts My Heart Again

zappadragon

OK folks so Mia does it again......

The other day we were going through Mia's cloths and getting rid of some of the stuff she has out grown. She knows that we take her stuff to a donation center up the road and like she says "we give my old clothes that don't fit to the kids that have no clothes"! Well after we filled the second bag of clothes, Mia looks at me and says "Daddy I have to many stuffed animals, I should give them to kids that have no animals"! Wow talk about tears to my eyes. So we donated another full bag of stuffed animals.

So at the hospital the other day for treatment I was talking to the nurse. There was a little girl and her father there and they did not speak English. She told me they were here from Haiti and they had a translator with them but the communication was very limited. Now the hospital is a crazy place with toys and play stations every 5 feet. This girl and her father sat there the entire time and did not move from there seats. The little girl should have been playing and having some fun, but she just sat there.

So Mia heard us talking and was asking questions because she did not understand what we meant by, not speaking the language. I did my best to explain it to her and Mia looked at me and said "Daddy, do you think she would like my teddy bear"? Again Mia damn near brought me to tear and this time in front of many people. So Mia walked up to this little girl and said "here you go" Both girls smiled and her dad said something and shook his head. While there was no real communication at the time, there was a very real moment.

Thank You Mia for being the best damn kid a father could ask for!

Awwwwwww. She is just an amazing kid!! She is pure love!! Give her a hug from me, please. And ask her if she wouldn't mind giving YOU a hug from me, please.

You got a real sweet little girl, it;s always good to hear about her exploits, they bring a big smile to my face and I need all of them I can get.
Thanks Michael

Back