Damascus Hunter

Screwy Squirrel

This is a damascus hunter I am working on the damascus was made at Indian George's 1095 and 15n20 the handle is quilted maple. These are not the final pins just thought I would ask if anyone can see anything that should be addressed before I put it together for good and mess things up.:les:

Last edited:
No this wood is not stabilized , but I have a mixture of goodies that has never failed me, I am new to knife making but I have been doing crafts with wood for along time.

Screwy, looks real good. One though I had has was about the handle shape, is it tapered enough front and rear?
But after looking at it three more times it looks good, and with your craft experience I'm sure it feels good in hand.
Nice looking steel and blade shape too. Dozier

wdtorque....That is a good point the file work is not on the bottom of the handle so I could bring it in more, it does feel a little fat in the hand and I want it to be a good knife to use. Thank you for the help ! and thank you for the compliment on the blade. even a blind dog catches a rabbit now and then.

I second putting a little more taper on the scales.

Great looking damascus. It would really POP if you blued it before final assembly !

Josh

Back