1st Annual Big Spring TX Knife Show

Ryan Minchew

I hope this is ok to post here.
Sponsored by Big Spring Knife Collectors's Club
Hog Heaven Party Barn Big Spring Texas October 23rd.
Load in starts at 7 am and show ends at 5 pm.
No production knives all handmade, and some sheathmakers.

Ryan
Can you give some contact info for the show.How much are tables and who to contact.
Stan

I'll be there behind a table. Will be my first show as a maker. Ought to be fun. Hope you can make it, Stan.

I'm not sure how many tables they have left open. Stan I don't know of a website, I heard about the show through Jason.

Talked to Richard today and he said they were full up but he had looked at my site andwill let me know about next year.Really nice guy.So if I get my usual west texas run next week I'll probably come to the show anyway and pester everybody.
Stan

I'll bump this thread to the top with a preview of three of my blades that will be available at the show.
Donnies-Camera-083-e1287239139684.jpg

Hello all, hope all that attended our first year show in Big Spring did well and had a great experience. I can tell you that on my side of the show, we learned a LOT!!! Jimmy and I will be meeting with our City Convention and Visitor's Bureau next week to report on this show and to gauge their interest in supporting the 2nd annual show. If they are willing to support it (and I think they will) and the knife collector's club will again sponsor it, then we will begin planing. Next year we will move to a much bigger venue and try (with the knife maker's help) to triple the size. We will also improve signage, install billboards months before the event, and hand out even more posters. Our television advertising should be more effective since we won't be competing with the elections and we'll have even more of it. If you were at the show, you might have seen our video production guy getting some rough video for next year's commercials. And Jimmy promises not to get sick next year and to provide lots of coffee for everyone!!!!!
We'll keep you posted. If you have any questions between now and then, pm me or send me an email at bear_claw@ymail.com
Also, if you are a knife maker and are interested in attending the show next year, drop me an email w/ photos of your work and a link to your web site (if any).
Oh, and Stan, we'll save a table for ya!!!!
Richard

Richard you and Jimmy and the others involved did an excellent job. I'm already looking forward to it next year.

I was there. Lots of talented people and good looking knives. I'm glad something is starting that I can reach easily.
Chad

It was great meeting Jason Fry, Chad Cunningham, and Stan Buzek. I got to meet alot of others, but these knifedogs got to hang out and chat a bit.

Back