My First Marked Blade

murphda2

Super Moderator and KD Blade Show Boss
Here are a few pics after taking my brother's new hunting knife to the trophy shop to have it marked. I still haven't gotten off of my butt and ordered my stencils from Ernie (I need to give him a call tomorrow).

OAL: 9"
Blade: 5/32" x 1.25" x 4.5" 1095 (Differentially HT'd) w/convex primary grind.
Handle: Black Canvas Micarta w/ss corbys and thong tube

My brother will be testing this one out for me on his elk hunt in Colorado in a couple of weeks. I'm planning several more of these as tactical utility knives for friends in the very near future. Hopefully the next ones will not take as long to make.

I'll have the completed pics with sheath tomorrow.

IMG_0345.jpg
IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0299.JPG

I'm planning several more of these as tactical utility knives for friends in the very near future. Hopefully the next ones will not take as long to make.

Hey brother,don't forget,you and I are friends:biggrin:
You did a great job on that one Murph.From there they
can only get better.

God bless,Keith

Looks really good Murph, size and shape A OK!
What finish (and how did you do it) on the blade? I like it.
Dozier

Honestly,from all the knives I've seen you do since I've been here,
I'm surprised you haven't been putting your mark on before this.
You do nice work,and I understand that everyone has their own personal benchmark,
that place where they say "O.K.,they're good enough to put my name to.",
but imo you passed that benchmark awhile ago.
Congrats Murph, and as soon as I can, I'll get on your list for a Maker's marked blade!

I thought it was a Bark River at first , Murph. Outstanding! What is the carrying system and have you set pricing yet?

Thank you for the compliments guys. It really means alot to me. I'm working with very limited time to get this one shipped out to Clint. He leaves out for Colorado on Wednesday and I ran into a snag with the sheath this evening. I guess I'll press out another one tomorrow evening and drop the package in the mail on Friday morning and pray it makes it to Houston in time.

Looks great, Murph. I hope you can get it to your brother in time and that he can use it on a record elk.

Back