darci's is forging for the first time tonight

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
hey guy's i got my kid for the night ,the wife is off playing bunko and the kid is home with dad so we're going to do a science project we're going to change the molecules of steel in to a knife and film it for her science class she is forging for the first time tonight thanks to this site she wants to spend more time with the dad in the shop . so she is going to forge a knife and try to sell it to get money for her wash. DC TRIP THIS YEAR . SO THE NIGHT IS GOING TO BE GREAT THANKS GUYS !!!!!PIC'S TOMORROW also she has amost finished her knife for her teacher pic's tomorrow after softball have a great night i will
Clint

Congrats Darci!! That is so cool that she is forging for the first time. What a lucky girl!!

I went to DC for a school trip two years ago (8th grade) and I had a blast. I just wish I could say I forged to go. :p

Clint that is great...Have fun...Clint and Darci are going to raffle off some billets and other items to help pay for Darci's trip. so keep watching the raffle section.. we have to help darci get to D.C...

ok the kid is hot she forged her first blade tonight and even tapered the handle i dont even do that !!!!! i asked her where she learn that she said a video she saw and thought it looked cool,"why don't you do that POPS " i said because i don't know how " she says i'll teach ya !!!!!!!!! dam girls they think they know it all ,guess i better start watching her "LOL" here some pic's the one more set of pic's next post then more "LOL"

Attachments

• DSC01190.jpg
    DSC01190.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC01194.jpg
    DSC01194.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01230.jpg
    DSC01230.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01245.jpg
    DSC01245.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC01282.jpg
    DSC01282.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 57
next pic's of darci forging

Attachments

• DSC01289.jpg
    DSC01289.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01292.jpg
    DSC01292.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01295.jpg
    DSC01295.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC01309.jpg
    DSC01309.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC01310.jpg
    DSC01310.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 58
tapered handle where she learn that ?????? i don't even do that !!!!!!
i better start stepping it up some !!!!!

Attachments

• DSC01317.jpg
    DSC01317.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01311.jpg
    DSC01311.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Looks like you two have such a good time, her work is great. I do worry about Darci not wearing eye protection when she was working on the belt grinder.

Looks like you two have such a good time, her work is great. I do worry about Darci not wearing eye protection when she was working on the belt grinder.

+1 on the eye protection.

Don't let her stop now, you two will continue to have a great time and forge a stronger father daughter bond. :D

Great looking knife so far, please continue as a WIP through to completion of her first forged blade. cool 1

Go Darci, Go Darci! Show your Daddy a one-up! That's great! Tapered gives a very nice professional look to a blade.

Back