10" Field/Service knife

Justin King

10" Field/Service knife(SOLD)

"Condensed” 10 inch version of my Heavy Field/Service model. This is the first in this size. Ground from 1/4” A2 steel, digital oven HT, plate quench, dry ice cryo and 500F temper, 2 times for 2hrs each cycle. Full flat grind with no choil (no snag when ripping thin/flexible materials). Tang is tapered to approx. 1/8” at the pommel end and is drilled down the center with a single row of holes. COG is right at the forward tube/fastener. Assembled with West Systems G-Flex epoxy and flared stainless tubes. Hand-rubbed 600 grit and grey Scotch Brite “satin” user finish. Extra fine glass bead finish is available for 15$ additional cost.

.093” black Concealex sheath, molded for heavy retention. Retention is firm enough for inverted carry and intended for thumb-assisted draw. The knife is not easy to pull straight out of the sheath but if the thumb is used to push against the sheath while drawing it comes out easily. One handed draw is easily possible even if the sheath is not attached to anything, once pushed past the retention point by the thumb the sheath will drop free.

Comes with my own pre-tensioned belt/clothing clip, of the same material as the sheath. I really like this clip for everyday carry. It is tenacious when clipped on a belt or the waistband of a pair of jeans, and offers multiple carry options. The clip is reversible/ invertible / removable. I recommend a closed loop or other solid attachment for critical situations such as working overhead of other personnel or carry in hostile environments.
Sheath is drilled ¾” on center to accept Molle Loks and should accept a Tek Lok as well, with multiple holes for variable ride height. I have small Molle Loks on hand, and can order a Tek Lok at the buyer’s request. If requested, these will be provided at cost. I can also provide a closed loop with custom ride height for a 10$ additional charge.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions by PM or at Jus_Kin@msn.com

Specs:
.250 A2 tool steel
Tapered tang, full flat grind w/distal taper
Black canvas micarta scales
Flared stainless tube fasteners
5-1/8” blade (tip to plunge) 1-1/2” wide
10” OAL
Knife weighs 9.1 oz
Sheath weighs 3.6 oz w/ clip
Will provide a small grey Scotch Brite pad for maintenence/touch-up
SOLD plus shipping as shown, Molle Loks or Tek Lok can be added at cost (Tek Lok will involve a 4-5 day delay). Paypal accepted. Will refund full price paid if not satisfied for any reason.

“Line of Duty” discount for active-duty military or law enforcement personnel-if you are purchasing this knife for service/duty carry I am pleased to offer you a discount. Please contact me for details.
Midservicemod 039 (2).jpgmidservicemod 038 (2).jpgMidservicemod 032 (2).jpgMidservicemod 030 (2).jpgMidservicemod 010 (2).jpgMidservicemod 002 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Back