Red Hawk Hunter By HHH Knives

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Red Hawk Hnter,

Specs
The blade is HHH Damascus. Its hand forged wind storm pattern.
Its composed of 1095 and 15n20
This is forged by Randy Jr., in our shop. Then hand ground and hardened to a RC of 57/58.
Tapered tang has been file worked with a elegant pattern.

The handle is amazing!! It is Rosewood Burl. not just any old slabs of rosewood!!!! The colors and figure in this piece are truly exhibition quality! Just might be the finest rosewood on the planet!

Comes with hand made and tooled custom fitted leather sheath. Made by J.T,

OAL 7 7/8 inches with a 3 3/4 inch blade.

God Bless Ya, and as always, your comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated.
Randy

Attachments

• black hawk 060.jpg
    black hawk 060.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 61
  • black hawk 056.jpg
    black hawk 056.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 68
  • black hawk 059.jpg
    black hawk 059.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 70
  • black hawk 052.jpg
    black hawk 052.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Hawk 017.jpg
    Hawk 017.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Hawk 033.jpg
    Hawk 033.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 52
Denny, Its some of the finest Rosewood I have ever seen let alone used! Im just glad I grabbed like 6 large blacks when I found it a couple years ago.. Its now finally dry and ready to use! I have searched and haven't seen any quite as nice ever since.. I knew this stuff was nice.. But after I cut into it and sanded it down a bit.. Thats when I realized just how Sweet it is!!!!

Thanks for the comments on the new Hawks! :)
God Bless Ya!

Very nice work. Ya'll are turning out some real nice work.
The damascus is almost overtaken by the rosewood, almost. Great combination of materials.
I was going to say simple elegance, but I think rugedly handsome is more appropriate.
Dozier

Randy that looks great as every one said so far that rose wood handle is something special.

Hi Randy, Very nice knife as usual. I wanted to tell you your pictures look pretty good. The lighting is perfect.

Dozer, .. Ummm "Ruggedly Handsome!" LOL :) That works!!

Doug, I love it when a plan comes together!! Thanks for noticing!

Thanks to everyone for the comments..

God Bless You
Randy

That is a really fine lookin sheath!! The knife how ever is a really great combo of metal, wood and craftmanship!!!! Very nice job Randy!!!!

Thank you Max. This one is my first attempt at a tapered tang.. will have to do a few more... I like it! :)

Thanks JS this one sold FAST.. and a second order came just as fast! :) Again thanks for the kind words.. We appreciate hearing from ya!

God Bless

Randy,
I really like the handle I can see why you think it is some of the best out there. It is always a good day when you cut into some wood only to find it even better than you thought it would be. Good looking damascus too.

Eric

Heck yea, I love BURL! Thanks Eric for the complement on the steel. Randy Jr is doing really good! Making me lots of great damascus to play with! I will pass this on to him as well.

God bless
Randy

Randy the blade shape is standerd but the handle with file work and theshape of it is grate setting it apart from allthe rest. Rosewood is super high quality

Thanks Kings Edge. I am pleased with the design. This one has been delivered and tested for the last week.. Im happy to report that the knife has preformed better then even I would have expected.. My customer continues to run it through his tests and reports that he is VERY please with the knife and the performance of the steel. and design. :)

God bless and thanks again for the kind words of encouragement.
Randy

Back