Arduous Damascus Knife and 1095 hunter

Dwane Oliver

I finally got the Pakistan damascus used in a knife. It turned out well, the composition of the steel dosent like to to be etched black. So I deep etched it and polished it up. Brass rod test was fine and it took a good scary sharp edge. I cut up a bunch of cardboard before I delivered it , held up fine.
OAL 11"
Blade length 4"
Spalted Horse Chestnut scales and brass furniture and mosaic pins
Handmade leather sheath , dyed and NeatLac covered. I love the smell of that stuff.
Big handle , I know , the guy has some big hands , he was ecstatic .

Benny2.jpg

Benny3.jpg

Benny1.jpg

Benny.jpg

This is just a 1095 hunter with brass guard and pins. Elk horn handle with a red spacer. Handmade leather sheath the same as above. It was a trade for a nice 6X6 set of elk antlers.

Wood1.jpg

Wood.jpg

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Dwane both are very beautiful knife and sheaths. Love the pattern on the damascus and the handle on that knife.

I like your use and combination of materials, the way you have scaled the components and the surface treatment all combined to a very pleasing whole.

Design and execution +++

The stitching on the sheath loop realy adds an extra detail.

I'm inspired by your work.

Wow thanks Mark , I dont think I have ever inspired anybody.

I'd never thought about it,then today a friend who's helping with my new shop build said " I got so excited about what you're doing I went home,pulled the car out of the garage, moved all the junk out , lit my "glory-hole " and did some glass work.

Then another friend came over and said after seeing what you've done with your shop (present one) I went home and moved all the stuff out and I'm making a usable shop out of my garage instead of a storage unit.

So i guess I inspired them in a way, feels good.

Back