Bob Warner Award #2

Curtiss Knives

KD Founding Member #1, Knifemaker
Great Lakes Waterjet, inc. would like to award Mr. Bob Warner a $200 gift certificate for waterjet services. I know Bob likes to do things himself, but just thought this might ease the process for a while. Bob, whenever you need something done, just e-mail or call. Your tutorials have helped me over the years too. Thanks and get well soon.:balloon:

Wow, you guys are really good and helpful people.

It is kinda embarrassing that everyone is looking at me right now. I REALLY did just do what the rest of you would have done and I am not the only guy in the leaking boat that I am in, half our country is in this same boat. I do really appreciate this and don't know what to say.

My only hope is that I can be the poster child for never giving up and for always trying to do the right thing. It is very hard sometimes to take the high road but I always try. I never want my name to come up in a conversation and have someone make an ugly face. I want everyone to know me for helping when or however I can.

I know the only way to get ahead in this life is to do things that make a positive difference for others and eventually good things will come back to you.

Many of the people here are new names to me and quite a few have been my friends for many years. It is humbling to have people do things to help you when you have not met them and I know how Gracie Blasingame feels right now.

I can only hope that one day I can do something that benefits the knife world in a major way and that people will be inspired to do the same. That is how we as people and as friends will progress.

Unlike many people here, I am not an artist. I have stumbled my way through learning how to make knives by trial and error and try very hard to keep others from wasting all the hours, dollars and materials I have in learning things. I have become more known for tools than knives but hope to change that with my comeback.

I truly appreciate all the support I have been getting from you guys and the kindness that has been shown to me.

Thank you VERY much and I hope that my future works will make you all proud.

Bob

Bob, we do these things with the thought of "What if this were me?". I just hope if something was to happen to me that I would get a little help from my friends too. We all need help sometime in life. We are all just trying to survive in this world. Like you said,"I know the only way to get ahead in this life is to do things that make a positive difference for others and eventually good things will come back to you." These words couldn't be more true.

I have always looked for the good in life. I look for the good parts of people, agift from my mother. What you did is some thing that I wish every body would do. I try really hard to be a good person. But you, my friend, have done that in the most ellegant way. You are a man that I can try to live up to and point out to my son and say "That is a good man. Someone to look up to." Thank you. May we all live by your example!

If you need any wood for your knives I will send what you need.

Good on you Dave. This is great stuff. I new some where there must be a bunch of good humans and it sure looks like the most of them are members of this forum. Good going all you DOGS.

Last edited:
Thanks Dave.
I have never had the privilege of meeting you but I have had the privilege of meeting Bob and this couldn't go to a nicer guy.
Hang in there Bob, better times are coming.

Mike

Back