Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill T

Hey Dogs , Welcome to the Give-away !!
First let me explain the Dream part of this .​
That's the part I'll do , so you can have the knife you'd love to have ..​
I will supply the steel and grind a blade out of it - to YOUR design .​
That's right , a blade free of charge that you designed for yourself !​
Now for the part where the dream ends .. and reality shows up .. Here's the catch ... outside of grinding and drilling the blade ... you must do the rest .​
There is a bit of a challenge to this GAW , You need to be involved and a part of it . No sitting at home waiting to unwrap the knife ... You will be the one to make it . After all , Dreams only come true if you put the work in ....​
If you saw the prepost to this you know there are other conditions as well ...​
  • Open to all - except if you own a grinder . Honor system please .
  • Winner Must design the knife - please be realistic - 1 1/2" x 12" covers most designs .
  • Winner Must complete the knife .
  • Winner Must agree to a mutual photo WIP .
  • Winner Must agree to Heat Treat the Blade - your only real expense .
Please post once to enter .To enter the GAW just tell me 2 things with your post . The type of knife you'd like ; and what , if any , tools you own - drill press , etc .​
The winner will be picked by Random.org on Saturday 10/2/10 . If it lands on one of my posts or a non-entrants , I'll do it till I have a winner . So even if you're not an entrant , and you'd like to add something - Please do .​
I know the entrants will have varying levels of skill and tools . Also they can be from 15 to 60 and up , so I'll try to provide a blank for the level appropriate to the winners abilities .​
If there's anything I've forgotten , I'll add it in a later post ...​
The most important thing though is - Let's make this fun !!!!:biggrin:​
Bill​

Last edited:
I would like to enter. A hunter would be great. I have an old benchtop drill press, a 4"x36" belt sander on its last legs and a Dremel tool. (Plus files and sandpaper). Thanks for the opportunity, Bill.

Bill I would like to enter. I would understand if I am excluded from the give away due to my location. I am still in the process of building my belt grinder/disk sander (KMG tipe). Made 1 knife with the help of a friends equipement. I have drill presses, files, parrallel clamps for bolster alignment that I made, bolster clamps that I made, South African hard wood handle slaps, warthog tusk, various wild animal horns and bones. I have build an electro etcher and etched most of my handtools with my initials. I am in the proces of setting up a vacuum stabilizer system for some of the woods, horns, tusks and bones. So as you can see if have collected and aquire plenty of stuff for knife making but still lack the main equipment, but I am getting there.

I would love a hunting knife.

I would like to enter.
I have drill press, belt sander, files and sandpaper.
I would like a hunting knife
Thanks
Nektarios

This GAW Is Cancelled Due to Lack of Interest .
Sorry Denny , Pieter and NPD . I'll try to think of something else .​
I guess if I have a GAW where I just give a knife away people will enter .​
Will a Mod please lock this . I'm done .​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back