Guild Show feedback

Mike Carter

I know several Knife Dogs came out to see the 2010 Knifemakers Guild show. We would like to get some feedback about the show.

What did you like or didn't like?

Did you like the venue? The size of the show? Was it convenient to get to? Did you have any trouble finding parking? Show dates and times? Selection of knives? Prices?

What can we do to make the show better for you as a maker or a buyer?

Of course it is impossible to please everybody with any show, location or date but we really would like feedback so we can try to keep making the show better.

I thought the location was a bit fancy, but not enough to effect my going or feeling comfortable. Im also sure there were many that felt right at home there , I just happen to be a good old country boy.

Of course I'm going to also say "Down Town"....."Down Town"...... again I am just a good old country boy.

I do think that you would actually draw more people in if the venue was hosted at the Fair and expo center or whatever it is they call it now. It just happens to be the place that more of our hunting, gun, and outdoors type know and enjoy. Im also sure there were some that liked the venue more then the Fair Expo center.

Other then my typical hatred of anything downtown, it was great.

This was the first Knife show I have been to beyond eyeballing knives at gun shows. I liked seeing all the knives and the makers of the knives. I liked being able to buy knife makeing supplies right there.

Price was on par with what I expected, there was something for everyone really.

Thanks for the feedback. The Guild show has contrcted to be at the Seelbach Hotel for at least the next 5 years. Most exhibitors and many collectors like having the show in a hotel, or a attached to a hotel like the Blade Show.

The Kentucky Fair and Expo Center is one of the very few venues where one can simply rent exhibit space but no hotels are within easy walking distance.

One gripe I have heard several times about having the show downtwon is parking. The reality is that at the Seelbach you can park all day for $4 within a block of the hotel and you can park on the street for free on the weekend. At the Fairgrounds, they charge $8 for parking and you will be directed past thousands of close, empty parking spaces in blocked off lots and be made to park in a field somewhere in the south forty.

Ky Fair and Expo are killing the attendance at events held there with their ridiculous parking. That place has been paid for thousands of times with what they charge yet they will still park you in a muddy field during the fair or large shows like the farm show.

I was first afraid of the parking situation when it was going to be held down town but it has been easy to find close parking. Since I'm only 20 miles away I drive back and forth. When we do shows and the fairgrounds I walk farther to get out of the building then I have to walk to my car at the Seelbach.

Back