KnifeDogs.com makes award from fund to support a fellow knife maker

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
The KnifeDogs.com worthy cause fund has made an award to Bob Warner in the amount of $300. This will be in the form of a gift certificate to Midwest Knifemakers Supply, llc at www.USAknifemaker.com

Bob's troubles since his motorcycle hit and run accident have been pretty hard on the Warner's. I've known Bob for 10 years and he has always reached out to help when he could.

You can see evidence of that here: http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?11650-Knifemaker-estate-sale

Bob, we understand this amount won't even begin to get you back to where your shop was at one point but at least we can give you a hand getting there.

Thanks to all of you dogs that have helped make this fund available for worthy causes like this.
t

I love this place...
If I were given One Wish,
it would be that the rest of the world could see what I see here,
and learn from it.
Can you imagine the entire human getting together like this?

I can't think of a more worthy reciepient. Bob has gone above and beyond to display his willingness to lend a helping hand to the knifemaking world. I'm over joyed to see that KD can give a small token of our appreciation to such a deserving individual.

Charity starts at HOME and there's no better cause than helping one of our OWN.
Good on you Tracy for that decision.

Rudy

What do you say to this?

As I said in the thread linked above I did not intend for things to focus on me. That was never my intention, sometimes I just tell too much about myself as I did in this case and a bunch of people jumped in to help.

Things are tough, there is no doubt about it but I NEVER give up. When I was a young person I was bummed out about something and said I was going to give up. My father-in-law Pete Lozano said that you can never give up and asked me what would my life be like if my parents had given up trying to teach me to walk, then he said; "You NEVER give up." I learned a lot from that guy and try to apply it daily. I will dig my way out of this mess I am in and you people are giving me the shovels I need to do so. With support like this it is hard to let it all get you down.

Several others have offered to help me out and I have tried to work out situations where I pay them back in some way. Some of you are VERY stubborn.

I really like helping people but have a bit of trouble accepting it. I am very grateful, humbled and embarrassed all at the same time.

I told Tracey in a private email that I found some damascus that I made before my wreck and plan to make a couple fixed blades of the Loveless drop point hunter design (just because it is the greatest knife design out there to me and because he just passed) and offer them for sale on the forums here before putting them on my web page or anywhere else. I may be asking for you guys to help me price it. I have been out of the game a long time and pricing will be difficult until I get back up to speed. Or I may raffle it and you guys can help decide what the slots cost.

Down the road a bit I will find a way to share something with everyone that in some small way says thanks for being such great people.

I know a lot of people have a lot of problems and I really hope that you guys don't have to deal with the medical and financial issues I have had for these last five years and also for the physical challenges getting hit by a suburban can cause. BUT, at least I can walk (kinda), make knives and interact with all of you.

You are the greatest people out there.

Please accept my very humble thanks.

Bob

SWEEEEEET , that's a good thing you just did there.

Thats right Bob , we are just as hard headed as you are :)

Last edited:
Awesome Boss, You have chosen a very worthy recipient.

I am happy to see the Knife Dogs Benefit Fund going to worthy causes. It goes to show that
this is one of the best places in the world to be!!

Very cool indeed!

I am very glad that I found this place... The folks here are a work of art!

Charlie

Boss,
What a great idea! An a wonderful way to give a great guy a "leg up", I believe that is all he's going to need, is just a little to get the ball rolling, then we get the joy of sitting back and seeing all the wonderful blades he puts out...he just doesn't know how selfish we really are...

I think you've made an excellent decision here, Boss. And whether he'll admit it or not I think Bob is very deserving of this small token.

STUBBORN???? Kind of like the pot calling the kettle black isn't it? :lol:

This is great BOSS and couldn't go to a more deserving person.

Mike

Back