Good News Bad News

Rusty McDonald

KNIFE MAKER
Well I have found out a few days ago that I will have alot more time to work on knives. That's the good news. Bad news is Im getting laid off October 1st and that's the reason I get to make knives more. Oh well, anyone need an electronics tech lol. But seriously I will be going back to school to finish my BS and make a few more knives and learn to eat like a college kid again a 40 year old college kid :biggrin:
just a little info.
Rusty

Sorry to hear about the layoff. It's good thing about going back for the degree though.

Sorry to hear that Rusty. Keep your head up, something is bound to pop up down in L.A.

Rusty, sorry to hear about the layoff. Sounds like you've got a plan though, good on the school dude.
Getting forced to re-new or re-invent yourself stinks, but that said, it also gives you a chance to
target your desires, wants, etc... Dozier

Sounds like you're already making lemonade out of them lemons .. Good for you .. Thats the way ...
Now you should get a knife done for the raffle section .. Give us a chance to be there for you ..​
Just a thought , Bill​

Sorry to hear about the layoff. Enjoy the knifemaking time! Sounds like you have a plan in place, so I hope it works out!

One of the reason I started making knives was because I worked as a carpenter and lay offs came with the territory. As many times as I got laid off it still took awhile getting used to it. Always seemed to happen right before Thanksgiving or Christmas. Good luck with what ever you plan to do. Working on knives is a good way to pass the time.

Sorry to hear about the layoff, Rusty. You might check with the VA to see if they have any programs that could help with school money or re-training in another field. Good luck to you, you deserve it.

Sorry to hear that,but I can say,You my friend,have the best
outlook,and attitude,as anyone I know.That my friend will carry
you a long way.Good luck.

Bill has a great idea.Take him up on it.

God bless,Keith

Sorry to hear about the lay off, Make the best of it and never hesitate to ask for help!

I should be getting more time to make knives also, either in oct or nov!

Rusty, I am deeply sorry for the layoff! Your positive attitude and keeping your chin up will payoff. Good luck buddy!

Rusty,
That sucks man. Sorry to hear it, but you sound like you at least got a plan. Hang in there.
-John

Just look at it as all good news.
1. You get to spend more time making knives,
2. You will finally get that degree,
3. You get to spend more time making knives,
4. You don't have to comute to work any more,
5. You get to spend more time making knives,
6. You don't have to put up with that boss and all the other crazies at work,
7. You get to spend more time making knives,
8. You will save money on gas,
9. You get to spend more time making knives,
10. Do I need to go on?

Just look at it as all good news.
1. You get to spend more time making knives, I make knives at work when Im not busy.
2. You will finally get that degree,
3. You get to spend more time making knives,I work on them at work and at home.
4. You don't have to comute to work any more,door to door I live less than 8 miles to work
5. You get to spend more time making knives,See #1
6. You don't have to put up with that boss and all the other crazies at work,The only bonus Im looking forward to
7. You get to spend more time making knives,See #1
8. You will save money on gas,Again 8 miles and my Toyota gets 24mpg
9. You get to spend more time making knives,See #1
10. Do I need to go on?
I should shut up now, because I work on knives at work and get paid for it twice gonna miss that part lol

Sorry to hear about the layoff, Rusty! Up here in the Motor City, I know way to many people out of work but things are starting to look up here so I am sure it will happen where you are soon.

UncleBilly

I wish you the very best of luck!! I am sorry that you are getting laid off. I will keep you in my prayers.

Hang in there Rusty, ain't that bad unless you have bunches of bills.
My last work day was March 16 and I'm still happy, broke as a haint
but happy. I saw it coming so I tried to pay off every thing, I did too
was in good shape untill the IRS gave me a ph call.
Mr Raymond, I've always said that carpenters never have Christmas

Sorry to hear about the lost job. I am in the same situation but it feels great to be able to work on knives alot more. I spend all day out in the shop grinding and improving my abilities.

I'm in the same boat. Got laid off last week. After I get the initial stuff (health care for family, job search going etc...), I hope to spend a little more time getting back into making a few knives.

On the up side, I'm not commuting 90 miles/day.

Ric Lee

Back