Guild Show 2010

Mike Carter

Good show going on!

If you aren't at the 2010 Knifemakers Guild Show, you a missing a good one.

guildshow2010%20076LR.jpg

guildshow2010%20090LR.jpg

LOTS of eye candy!

Wayne Whittaker
guildshow2010%20099LR.jpg

Jay Hendrickson
guildshow2010%20097LR.jpg

I brought along some new Nessies
guildshow2010%20096LR.jpg

I didn't get to shoot a lot of pictures today. I will post more tomorrow.

We had a pretty good crowd for a Friday and several makers are already reporting good sales. There are some great knives on display in just about any style and price range you could want.

There are two more days to go and if you can make it, trust me, it will be worth your time.

Well, another Guild Show has come and gone. I had a great time and really enjoyed meeting some more Knife Dogs along with everyone else who came to the show. We had a pretty good crowd over the weekend, not a packed house, but good. Some makers sold out and others reported soft sales. Hundreds of knives were purchased over the weekend. The craftsmanship on display was fantastic. All-in-all it was another successful and fun Guild Show.

Here are a few pictures from the show. There are a lot more pictures and my review of the show on my website at 2010 Knifemakers Guild Show

guild2010_180LR.jpg

guild2010_185LR.jpg

guild2010_201LR.jpg

guild2010_98LR.jpg

guild2010_103LR.jpg

guild2010_6LR.jpg

guild2010_52LR.jpg

guild2010_57LR.jpg

I have far too many pictures to copy to all of the forums so if you want to see more please visit http://www.cartertown.com/guild_2010.htm

I am surprised at no comments or discussion about the Guild Show. I always find it to be the most enjoyable show of the year with a great selection of quality knives yet small enough to really enjoy without having to rush to take it all in.

For those interested, I added a third page with 150 of Edmund Davidson's excellent photos to my show review at http://www.cartertown.com/guild_2010.htm

I do want to highlight some class acts from the show.

Bill Luckett donated a special knife to given to the first person to walk in wearing a uniform.
img_1813LR.jpg

Jerry Moen won the first "Museum's Choice" award at last year's show. This award is given by the Frazier International History Museum and it's founder, Owsley Brown-Foreman. Last year, Jerry reciprocated by giving Mr. Frazier a knife to add to his collection. This year, Jerry went one better by donating a special knife to the museum. He had the knife scrimshawed by linda Karst Stone with the Guild log and the Frazier museum logo.
K05816-Moen%20Jerry_2843.jpg

One of my favorite knifemakers, Stan Wilson, also donated a special knife that was raffled off to support the Guild.
img_2134LR.jpg

I also had the pleasure of meeting our own MaxCutter (Marvin Winn) and welcome him into the Guild..
img_1785LR.jpg

Last edited:
i for one am very thankful for the pics.
great job,thanks Mike.
i liked the Tribute table for Bob Loveless.
and Gil Hibben's birthday cake.

Last edited:
Back