Three new folders - remember the watch&knife teaser?

papi

Hey guys,

here are three babies i finished some time ago, but waited to get my pics from my photographer to post them :)
I won't bother you with my blah blah, just some specs and then i leave you to looking at the pics:)

blade - 3" Nichols raindrops
scales - 416ss, carved and mokume inlaid
this one is a trap door release automatic, my first. I had to do some new stuff on this one - a two part backbar (cause the one piece one kept bending out under the pressure of the spring), and pinned handle. But it came out...well, you be the judge of that :)
DSC_3573.jpg

DSC_3575.jpg

DSC_3582.jpg

DSC_3588.jpg

DSC_3590.jpg

blade - 3" Nichols stainless frenzy
bolsters - Gibeon meteorite
scales - mammoth ivory
Nothing else to say here than...I love meteorite!!!!

DSC_3597.jpg

DSC_3601.jpg

DSC_3608.jpg

DSC_3609.jpg

blade & bolsters - over 3", Kislinger multi-twist mosaic damascus
scales - mammoth ivory

DSC_3613.jpg

DSC_3612.jpg

DSC_3623.jpg

DSC_3615.jpg

Thank you for looking, take care,
Ondrej

Great looking knives. Outstanding work, the attention to detail and execution of your work reminds me of artistic work of old.
Specifically, a National Geographic show about the treasure that was uncovered in Great Britain a few years ago, the work
that was done with the gold and stone was amazing to me and your work reminded me of it.
OK, enough Blah, blah, blah as you say.
Do you make your own thumb studs!
The file word is awesone.
Dozier

Last edited:
Papi I am continually impressed with the progression of your work. You seem to step things up to a new level with every new piece you show us. Great looking work sir.

Thank you guys :) I really appreciate your kind words :)

About the thumbstuds - yeah, i make my own, usually from titanium or damascus, with inlays and everything :)

Ondrej

All 3 are amazing Ondrej! That meteorite is very cool. The Kislinger multi twist mosaic damascus is really nice. It is very subtle. Most mosaics are too busy for my taste, this flows well with the knife. Great job on them all. How do you get those done with all the class work?

My friend comes back from Alaska in a week and I'm hoping she has some goodies for me.

Pat

Thanks Pat :)
The classes start on 22nd, so i still have some time left before it goes down the crapper :) But i will manage even then, i just will have to :)

And about the Alaska trip - what else can i say than...:clap::clap::clap:

Ondrej

How do you cut the stainless and make the inlay? The fitting must be very difficult unless you are using CNC tools.

For the inlays, i'm using pantograph - basically a manual CNC. It is a 50 yo machine, that uses a pattern instead of computer program :)

Here's a picture of it in action, cutting out a watch case. In this case, the pattern is CNC machined for precision, but the patterns for my knife inlays are done by hand, out of plexiglass. The gaps left by cutting are filled with epoxide.

IMG_5647.jpg

Here is a pic of one of the patterns.

IMG_5643.jpg

Ondrej

Back