Smoke for a Friend

Ironwolf

The Knife Poet
Hey folks, I just reconnected with a buddy from another forum I was on awhile back,and got some alarming news...
David (aka Marauder) had congestive heart failure not long ago,but while in the hospital contracted both strep and staph infections in his legs.
It got deep into into his body and the docs can't seem to beat it.
Please send out some Prayer and Healing Smoke for him.

Damned hospitals. Ya think they'd be a bit cleaner, but I guess not.:34:

Smoke on the way, IW.:3:

Thanks folks, just sent him an email passing along all the Good Smoke.
This hits kinda close to home as a couple years ago, my Mom suffered congestive heart failure as well,
and within months, the MS that had been lurking under the surface began to manifest...
It took her body, and then began to take her mental faculties.
Her immune system began to suffer and she developed an infection, finally agreed to go to the hospital,
and a week later she Passed Ahead.
So,this is an echo of something that I pray has a different ending,
and thank you all.

Please tell David that there are a lot of people wishing him a speedy recovery.

Times like these are when people need to step up and do what needs to be done to help others. Times like these are when you find out what is REALLY important in life. This is when you put your own desires and comfort aside to help someone in need.

Is David a knife guy? If so I can send him some of my old knife magazines for him to have something to read while healing up. Just need his address.

If there is anything I can do to help David out, please let me know what it is, if I can do it, I will.

Bob

Please tell David that there are a lot of people wishing him a speedy recovery.
...If there is anything I can do to help David out, please let me know what it is, if I can do it, I will.
Bob

My Friend,you already have.
The Good Vibes you and the rest of us are sendin' out are the best thing we can offer...
There's Power here:
The Power of Faith
The Power of Care
The Power of the Knife Community
The Power of the Human Family.
This will see him to health, I believe this,
and I'm thankful to part of it.
Edited to add:
I heard back from him, and wanted to pass along what your prayers mean to him

"Since I've outlived all my family, my knife family is all I have left.
I very much appreciate the prayers and good vibes. I hope for the smoke and good vibes to cover us all."

Last edited:
Is David a knife guy? If so I can send him some of my old knife magazines for him to have something to read while healing up. Just need his address.

That's an OUTSTANDING idea! I too have several copies of Blade, Field & Stream, Backwoodsman, etc that I'd be happy to send his way.

That's an OUTSTANDING idea! I too have several copies of Blade, Field & Stream, Backwoodsman, etc that I'd be happy to send his way.

I've sent him an email asking him if he'd like the magazines, but haven't heard back from him...
I don't know if he's in the hospital or at home,but as soon as I hear, I'll let you folks know.
God bless ya, and Thank you!

Prayers sent his way.Have a friend that got staph under his knee cap and was a mess. three weeks on crutches after surgery.

Back